News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Issues with Fast Track

Started by cbrdrgn2911, July 01, 2012, 12:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrdrgn2911

I purchased a left and a right turnout in the Fast track product. The left works great however the right Derails my trains when it is trying to turn. Any suggestions? Thanks

Joe Satnik

Can't say I've ever heard of quichtrack. 

Who makes it? 

What item number?
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Doneldon

Joe-

I think you make it with eggs, milk, a little butter and some cheese or ham for extra flavor. Serve a warm croissant along side and maybe some nice fresh fruit. Makes a dynamite lunch for little old ladies. And ... never a problem with long wheelbases making it around sharp curves.

No. That's not fair. I like quiche, too, and I'm neither little, old nor ladylike.

-- D

Jim Banner

The closest I could find to Quick Track was Fast Track, the system for making your own turnouts, etc.  But from the wording of your question, I am pretty sure that is not what you are talking about as Fast Track does not sell finished, ready to install turnouts.  Could you check the name again please?

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Desertdweller

I've heard real men don't eat that stuff.

Personally, I can't stand eggs fixed any way.

Les

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Doneldon on July 03, 2012, 10:49:10 PM
Makes a dynamite lunch for little old ladies. And ... never a problem with long wheelbases making it around sharp curves.

I didn't know little old ladies had sharp curves. ...  ;)

Joe323

Quote from: Desertdweller on July 05, 2012, 01:14:59 AM
I've heard real men don't eat that stuff.

Personally, I can't stand eggs fixed any way.

Les

Or real modelers don't use quichtrack.

Anyway first try manually pushing the train though the turnout to see where it derails.  many times I have noticed on my layout the slightest bit of dirt or loose ballast will cause the train to derail in the turnout.

Second make sure the turnout is closing fully.  Bachmann turnouts seem to be notorios for not closing fully.  I believe the culprit is the thin wire they use to move the frog back and forth.  I have been meaning to try and modify my units to accept a thicker wire but have not had the time.

Finally Bachmann imho needs better quality control some of my units work great.  I had to replace others.

Doneldon

Jim-

Isn't the Life-Like roadbed attached track called Fast Track?

-- D

rogertra

As cbrdrgn2911 hasn't responded to any of the posts asking what he really means, why not just drop the topic until he does?

cbrdrgn2911

Sorry about that for all those who make fun of every little question. It is made by Bachmann, the combo track and black plastic. I'm new to Trains the last set I had was in 1978 and my Dad got mad and ran over it with his car, it was an old Lionel. but I digress, Fast Track is what it is called I guess. Just please help.

the Bach-man

Dear 2911,
Our track is called EZ Track, but regardless of what brand of track you use, turnouts often need tweaking to achieve optimum performance. First, run your finger along the points (the moving rails) to see if there's a rough spot. If there is, a few passes with a file should smooth it out and improve operation. More likely is a loose throw inside- unscrew the plate on the bottom to see if the throw rod is engaged.
The good news is that, if it is indeed EZ Track,  we will replace the turnout if you can't figure out what's wrong.
Just don't run over it with a car!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

NarrowMinded

cbrdrgn2911,

Don't be too put out by the jokes, I don't thank the guys meant any harm, think of your post like a room people check in to see whats up and joke with each other while they were waiting for you to come back and clarify things.

NM-Jeff

Bucksco

Fast Track is produced by Lionel. You may want to contact their service department.