how do i reinstall the front truck of my bachmann rail truck.

Started by robertalan51, July 05, 2012, 04:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertalan51

Hi guys......the other day i was enjoying running my spectrum rail truck but when i picked it up i noticed the front truck assy was about to fall off. i went to the shop to try and reinstall it. it looks like a small screw came out that holds the truck to the electric power board. the problem now is how to put the screw back when it is inside the wheel truck assy. do i have to disassemble the whole front motor assy? I might hace lost a piece too. it seems like there is a bar missing from the middle  bottom of the truck. i am trying like heck to avoid sending it to the bach.......man for repairs. didn't have a very pleasant experience with him repairing my spectrum "connie"
any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi, Robert,

Seeing you have had no reply's, I thought I would at least try to be of some help. I can't picture the problem from reading the narrative, and I wondered if you have the exploded diagram for your Railtruck.  I am providing the link just in case you don't have one.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/82394.pdf

Scroll down to the pictures of the front truck,  It shows every part.  From that you should be able to see if you are actually missing any parts and what parts might be lost.  As for the lost screw there are instructions for removing the radiator and motor cover exposing the motor.  It is possible that the screw fell toward the motor and is attached it to the motor magnets.

If you are missing parts, try calling service to see what they can do to help.  Click on the "parts and service" link in the maroon banner at the top of the page.

Hope this helps a little!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jon D. Miller

Robert,
Looking at the diagrams that Bill referenced you'll see there are only two small screws involved with the front truck.

First, are you aware that the front truck just snaps in place on the king post?  Just pull down on the truck and it will come off the king post.

There is the screw that holds the plastic piece that has the spring loaded contacts.  These contacts make contact with the circuit board.

The other screw is the one that is in the middle of the king post.  Once the front truck is snapped off you'll see the screw in the middle of the king post.  There should be no reason to go inside the front of the truck in the area of the motor since there is no screw there that attaches the king post to the truck.

Tighten both screws that are depicted in the exploded diagram and the truck should be held in place.  Do note however that there are two small arrows on the piece that has the spring loaded contacts.  When the truck is installed these arrows must face forward since they determine polarity of the front truck.

Hope this, along with with Bill's assistance helps get your rail truck operational and back on the rails.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)