News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012 NMRA Show

Started by Pacific Northern, July 10, 2012, 11:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eman627

I, for one would like to see a re-run of the 2 truck Climax with improved gearing, and sound. Also, I would buy a Spectrum Big Six anyday, in a heartbeat. Bachmann could also do WVP&P #12 in 3 and 4 truck versions, and an undecorated one, to boot. Camp cars would be nice, too.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: thewvnetwork on July 19, 2012, 11:53:46 AM
I, too, would like the see a three truck Heisler in HO (or two truck for that matter...hopefully better and lower cost than Rivarossi's), but am still holding out for that model of Western Maryland Big Six Shay that I mentioned last year.  I would also like to see a Pacific Coast Shay and/or a 2 truck Shay as well. 

As far as rolling stock, Camp Cars would be a nice addition!   :)

Were you the one who was quoting a reliable source last year?
I think a Heisler would be a good guess.
Pacific Northern

WTierce1

Quote from: Pacific Northern on July 19, 2012, 07:06:37 PM
Quote from: thewvnetwork on July 19, 2012, 11:53:46 AM
I, too, would like the see a three truck Heisler in HO (or two truck for that matter...hopefully better and lower cost than Rivarossi's), but am still holding out for that model of Western Maryland Big Six Shay that I mentioned last year.  I would also like to see a Pacific Coast Shay and/or a 2 truck Shay as well. 

As far as rolling stock, Camp Cars would be a nice addition!   :)

Were you the one who was quoting a reliable source last year?
I think a Heisler would be a good guess.

Well Considering that Bachmann already has a Hiesler in On30 and Large Scale, so it might make since that they would make one in Ho, plus they have the Shay and Climax, they are also 3 truck so a 3 Truck Hiesler might make since.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

barlojo1

Hi all, still hoping for more 2-8-8-4's. DM&IR M3-4's and/or SP AC-9.

John B

ryeguyisme

Good to see steam fans alive and well :) I'm getting really pumped up for the unveiling of the NMRA con's new product announcements. It's always a drum roll, who knows what new steam will roll out now, hopefully there will be a new steam loco coming out. Bachmann's release of the mogul and the EM-1 although really good product development and taking things a step further with a behemoth like the Em-1 being the biggest engine in HO bachmann to my knowledge has produced it has left a western modeler such as myself wondering what's the next jewel they have planned for us?

I'll be honest a harriman/western style mikado or pacific seems to be the biggest unfilled gap just waiting to be filled with all the USRA out there.

We haven't seen a heavy switcher from bachmann yet either or a heisler in HO and yes sign me up for a 2-truck one.

They may be as bold as to offer a standard gauge DRGW articulated, but that's just me crossing my fingers. Blackstone might do it first if they do it.

Geared Steam

I like all of the suggestions above  ;D

Rashputin

I wish Bachmann would make a NYC caboose that was really a NYC caboose rather than something else with NYC paint.  Trix made one of the wooden ones and they sell for a small fortune on EBay these days as do the brass ones.  There was a kit for the NYC style bay window caboose but that's no longer available and likewise sells for a pretty penny when you can even find one.  Sometimes I think there's a secret PRR cabal that beats up anyone who works for a manufacturer and wants to make anything NYC except Hudsons, L4s with ears out the ears, and of course, the Niagara.  Those are all well and good but given that they also always sell you'd think someone might at least make a caboose that was accurate.  Until then, I guess it's just ATSF or C&O cabooses in NYC paint.

Given that I never realized how badly I "needed" four EM-1s until Bachmann made them available for a really good price, how can I complain about Bachmann when no one else is even doing as well?  Alas, I doubt the things that have been on my wishlist for decades are going to appear but as long as Bachmann keeps coming out with things like the spectacular EM-1 they're going to be getting a big chunk of my Model RR budget. 

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ryeguyisme on July 21, 2012, 03:14:34 AM
Good to see steam fans alive and well :) I'm getting really pumped up for the unveiling of the NMRA con's new product announcements. It's always a drum roll, who knows what new steam will roll out now, hopefully there will be a new steam loco coming out. Bachmann's release of the mogul and the EM-1 although really good product development and taking things a step further with a behemoth like the Em-1 being the biggest engine in HO bachmann to my knowledge has produced it has left a western modeler such as myself wondering what's the next jewel they have planned for us?

I'll be honest a harriman/western style mikado or pacific seems to be the biggest unfilled gap just waiting to be filled with all the USRA out there.

We haven't seen a heavy switcher from bachmann yet either or a heisler in HO and yes sign me up for a 2-truck one.

They may be as bold as to offer a standard gauge DRGW articulated, but that's just me crossing my fingers. Blackstone might do it first if they do it.

I would like to see Bachmann release something in the Harriman series. a new Pacific would be great, then they could follow with a number of other steamers, a Mike, a Consolidation, a Ten Wheeler, A Mogul and an Atlantic. Would give a family of steamers to choose from for Union Pacific, Southern Pacific and Illinois Central fans.
Pacific Northern

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I still say the line up from the northern Midwest (Minnesota [Iron Range and twin cities area], Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota) is lacking compared to the line up from the east and west.

thewvnetwork

What's the actual day this announcement is supposed to happen? :)

ryeguyisme

Quote from: thewvnetwork on July 25, 2012, 11:19:30 PM
What's the actual day this announcement is supposed to happen? :)

The 29th at the very earliest but I'm hanging on by the fingernails on this one, I have a really good feeling about announcements this year, or maybe I'm being an optimist

ebtnut

The "official" announcment occurs with the opening of the train show, which will be next Friday, the 3rd.  Some intelligence might leak out a bit earlier in the week. 

thewvnetwork

Wow, I don't know if I can wait that long lol.  I really hope the intelligence takes pity on us lol.

Eman627

Well, its the 29th. Can they tease us much longer?

thewvnetwork

Well, they can up to five more days...    :-\