Dynamis Experts - I need your assistance

Started by KiteFlyer, July 24, 2012, 05:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiteFlyer

I have an all-Bachmann DCC layout with DCC turnouts, turntable, etc.  I upgraded to the Dymanis, which runs all my locos and the turntable fine.  However following all the instructions, to program and switch the turnouts with the Dynamis, it neither switches them nor programs them.  My DCC Command Controller does, but not the Dynamis.

I made a video of a simple layout with one DDC engine and one DCC turnout, demonstrating how the DCC Command controller ran the gear, then attached switched the layout to the Dynamis.  Loco worked, accessory turnout - nothing. 

What's the secret?

richg

You do not need to post in more than one forum.

Rich

Bucksco

To program a turnout with Dynamis
1. Press Mode button at the bottom of the controller so that it displays accessories
2. Press down the programming button located on the turnout (the turnout will snap back and forth to let you know it is in "programming" mode)
3. Assign an address number by using the keypad numbers on the controller and press one of the straight or divergent symbols keys on the controller
4. The turnout should snap back and forth 4 times to confirm that it has been programmed.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_DCC_Turnout_Instructions.pdf

richg

Quote from: Yardmaster on July 24, 2012, 08:26:10 PM
To program a turnout with Dynamis
1. Press Mode button at the bottom of the controller so that it displays accessories
2. Press down the programming button located on the turnout (the turnout will snap back and forth to let you know it is in "programming" mode)
3. Assign an address number by using the keypad numbers on the controller and press one of the straight or divergent symbols keys on the controller
4. The turnout should snap back and forth 4 times to confirm that it has been programmed.

Suggestion everyone.
Save this page to Favorites for future use.
I just stored the link as I have seen this question before and forgot where I stored the link. Now I have the link labeled because this question will come up again. History repeats itself.

Rich

KiteFlyer

Those are exactly the same instructions as I have followed to the letter before, maybe I have a defective unit. 

Bucksco

This may sound overly simple but make sure you are pointing the controller at the receiver when you are programming.