News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco S4

Started by Allamuchy Joe, August 01, 2012, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allamuchy Joe

I just saw the announcement on Nscalesupply.com -- Alco S4 switcher by Bachmann!

http://www.nscalesupply.com/BAC/BAC-Alco-S-4.html

Sounds great -- I was wondering when someone would come out with the great Alco switcher line! I'm looking foward to it.

Joe

railtwister

Also Alco 2-6-0 steam loco. Both S4 and 2-6-0 are listed in same road names as last year's HO versions. If they are equal to the HO release, they should be great!!!

Bill in FtL

Country Joe

This is very interesting news! The NY Central System S4 is on my list. Thanks for posting.

I have to find info about the 2-6-0. Will that come lettered for the NYC?

railtwister

Quote from: Country Joe on August 02, 2012, 12:35:31 PM
This is very interesting news! The NY Central System S4 is on my list. Thanks for posting.

I have to find info about the 2-6-0. Will that come lettered for the NYC?

Yup, item #51752.

skipgear

The NYC is actually a PLE/NYC. It is green with large PLE lettering on the side of the hood. It is complete fantasy as they were never painted that way unfortunately. The NYC Historical Group found the source of the scheme and it came from a painted postcard by Howard Fogg which used a bit of artistic license.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Desertdweller

This is an important loco for anyone modeling the 1950's and 60's on any railroad that used them.

I plan on getting at least one.  I have two Arnold Rapido Alco S2's that both developed the same problem: axle gears either split or came loose on the axles.

Les

Country Joe

An S4 and a mogul, this is great. They are also coming out with a 50' boxcar in jade green. It's a good year for NYC fans.