News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Steamer Tenders

Started by M1FredQ, August 14, 2012, 10:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillyreading

I had an extra tender for the Pennsy S2 steam engine by Williams but sold it over a year ago, it had the Pennsylvania railroad on the side. Bought it from an independent Williams dealer about seven years ago.
I would like to sell some of my Williams stuff due to a work slow-down, working maybe two days a week if that.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

Drop me a line with some items I can let some others  I know take a look.

Thanks!!!!!!

M1FredQ

Cobra

I hope you don't mind I am picking your brain

but

your layout has some features I would like to incorporate not to mention it is

impressive. I like the over-under.

If it's alright what are the general length and width dimensions and do you have

a photo a little more birds-eye view.

If your train derails or you want to clean the track up against the wall how do you plan to do that??

I have Fas-Track also but I plan to lay down indoor outdoor carpet I found at Menards.

It's tans and browns short fibers very thin looks really nice, I plan to "dry brush" some green into it I already tested my idea on a sample piece of the carpet. It's on
close-out for only $0.29 a sq/yd. The carpet does cut down on the noise as our bedroom is above the area in the basement where the layout is set-up and our 9yr/old loves to run the trains about a half hour before he has to get to bed!!!

Cobrabob8

Fred,
Sorry that it took me a while to reply to your questions. First, my layout measures 8'6" x 13'10" and is in a "U" shape. Second, To reach the track along the rear wall for cleaning or any derailments I climb up on the layout. I built it to be very sturdy, so I can do this. Fortunately I have not had to climb up on the layout too many times to clean up any wrecks. Third, I like your idea of having a sub-roadbed to quiet the noise of trains running. My layout is VERY noisy when running! But, I like it that way.
I hope this helps. I will try to include some more photos. ;D
Cobrabob.

"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

M1FredQ

Thank You   Thank You Cobra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is really nice. The "birds-eye" view helps a lot.

Thanks for the time and help!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!