News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Amtrak Phase V Genesis

Started by NSthoroughbred, August 15, 2012, 05:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSthoroughbred

Where are the Amtrak Genesis Phase V locomotives ?  

I ordered these when first announced.   Two dealers have since cancelled my order due to the fact they were ceasing sales of items.  I have them on order again through another dealer.  The latest info on my other thread suggested late July or early August.  Early August is soon to be late August.   I assumed 2012 was the year we were discussing? 

phillyreading

Just seen these listed under "What's New" and claims now shipping. I say you need to contact the Bachmann staff to see what is up.

Lee F.

3rail

NSthoroughbred,

They have been in stock for several weeks.  Your dealer should be able to get them from their distributors.

Regards,

3rail

NSthoroughbred

3rail,
  Thank you for the update.  My 3rd dealer lost track of my order when I called this week.  Within days he had a set in stock for me though.  I am eager to pick these up on my days off this week!  Finally !

3rail

NSthoroughbred,

Glad that you are Finally happy.

Seriously, we are just as eager to deliver new products to market as much or more than the consumers waiting for them.  We have to invest capital in advance and do not get any payback until we sell them.

Questions are always welcome, but sarcastic and negative comments are unnecessary.

Regards,

3rail

NSthoroughbred

3rail,
  I apologize if any of my posts came across as negative or sarcastic.  There were times that my initial question or phone message at Bachmann went without response for numbers of weeks.  A message left at Bachmann sales with my name and phone contact clearly left went unanswered twice.  A returned call would have likely prevented any additional need to post on this forum.   I am a frequent customer who had many other Williams items purchased and ordered with monies already spent, deposits made, etc.   I had money refunded to me by the first dealer.   And although these are just model trains, and delayed products are routine,  there should be some offer of explaination and somewhat accurate estimates of delivery.  Especially when the estimated dates are over 3 years and these were missed several times.  I also did not want to miss out on obtaining a set of these items which I advocated heavily for Williams to produce over the years.   
  I am Williams' loyal customer, and rave about the quality and value of these products every chance I get in the O Gauge community.   Take a look at all those gray cards I have sent in over the past couple of years since Bachmann aquired Williams.   Customers just want timely and accurate updates, and perhaps an explaination of delays. 
  The new locomotives are here though, and they look fantastic.  I have posted photos of the locomotives on another O Gauge forum.   

stationmaster12

Hello,
I've been trying to find pics of these locos other than the "stock" photos. Where can I get to see  good quality pics of these locos? Thanks!!
Keep God first in all that you do.

NSthoroughbred

Stationmaster,
 Not sure if I am violating any forum rules, but if you search for "Williams Genesis Phase V" on the O Gauge Railroading Magazine's forum, you will see some pictures of these new locomotives.  The thread is within the 3 Rail Trains section of that forum.

stationmaster12

WOW they look great! I will get a set! Thanks so much for the directions to them. WBB take note. Please have better pics of your products I believe your sales will increase for it. You make great locos that are beautiful to run and look at. Now if you could bring back the Superliner cars in phase 4 we would have a great set!!!
Keep God first in all that you do.