News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Locomotives

Started by aussie geoff, August 16, 2012, 07:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie geoff

Hi Everyone

Has anyone seen the new 2-4-2t that the G scale guys Got ? would be great to see it also in On30  ;)

Geoff

Royce Wilson

On one of the Yahoo On30 groups a person photo shoped the 2-6-6-2 into a 2-6-2 and this would make a neat locomotive. ;D

Royce

Tomcat

Royce, I just admired what the Bachmann folks gave to the Fn3 communits: the C-19 does look awesome.
Would love to see one in On30 from Bachmann...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Royce Wilson

That would certainly change On30 if we got a C-19 with the on board technology that the Fn3 model has..heck I would love to just see a DC C-19.

Royce

Tomcat

Me too, Royce. :)

I would love to see a D&RGW/RGS line from the Bachmann folks. Now that a lot of others have
put on the brakes on the On30/On3 market. MMI is, to me, not likely to be out with any other
D&RGW or RGS goodies in the next time..

Bachmann: take yor chance! You can do this! There is a demand!!!

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Skarloey Railway

And, the RGS had a Baldwin c42/8-18C 4-4-0

Anyone any idea how many of these and similar locomotives were built by Baldwin?

Royce Wilson

Almost every narrow gauge railroad in the U.S. had a 4-4-0 and some even ended their career with them..Eastern and Western  8)

Royce

Stevelewis

Unfortunately  although  there may be a perceived demand, given the  current   world  financial situation it is unlikely  that demand  would be anywhere near sufficient  to warrrant  the   massive  expense  of  new  tooling.

I feel that all  that  we will get  in the forseeable  future  will be  revamps of  existing locomotives  and  perhaps the only 'new' locomotives  will be  produced  from parts  of  existing ones
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Skarloey Railway

Well, the 2-4-4-2 contains a few parts from the 2-6-6-2 but is mostly a new model and the 1:20.3 C19 is wholly new.

As Backwoods Miniatures have shown, if Bachmann wanted to go down the route of offering only variants of what they have, then they have plenty of scope just by making cosmetic changes around existing mechanisms. My guess is the current financial situation pre-dated their plans to develop both types of Mallet and the Heisler in On30 and the C19 in 1:20.3

Mister Lee

Alas, I think you're right. A pity; I'd like to see something like the Colorado & North Western/Colorado & Southern/Rio Grande Southern 2-8-0s produced in On30, an On30 tank engine somewhat larger than the Porters, or one of the small ex-SAR&H, now Welsh Highlands Beyer Garretts.

Quote from: Stevelewis on August 27, 2012, 05:39:10 PM
Unfortunately  although  there may be a perceived demand, given the  current   world  financial situation it is unlikely  that demand  would be anywhere near sufficient  to warrrant  the   massive  expense  of  new  tooling.

I feel that all  that  we will get  in the forseeable  future  will be  revamps of  existing locomotives  and  perhaps the only 'new' locomotives  will be  produced  from parts  of  existing ones

max (uk)

Quote from: Mister Lee on August 29, 2012, 11:13:12 AM
or one of the small ex-SAR&H, now Welsh Highlands Beyer Garretts.

I wish I knew where this myth came from.
The NGG 16s are the biggest steam engines on 2ft gauge in the world. They are not small, for a narrow gauge engine anyway. They are 48 ft 3.25 in (14.713 m) long, 7 ft (2.134 m) wide and 10 ft 4 in (3.150 m) tall.

So it may have a slightly smaller loading gauge than a K-37 (by 3ft), but am I right in saying these were rebuilt from standard gauge engines?

Kevin S.

The K-37's were rebuilt from standard gauge locomotives. They received new running gear and outside frames that were more or less the same as that of the K-36 class with a different training truck being the most obvious difference in the two chassis.

The tenders are standard gauge and have standard gauge trucks. The Rio Grande did what some of us in On30 do, they kitbashed the trucks by squeezing the wheels in to 3 ft. gauge on the standard gauge axles.

The locomotive is essentially a standard gauge 2-8-0 with a narrow gauge 2-8-2 OF chassis.