News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What would you want to ..

Started by mots, August 23, 2012, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffthumper

how about a SP AC9 the one with the cab at the rear? A real nice 4-8-8-4.

skipgear

An AC-9 (2-8-8-4) would be nice but Intermountain already has a mechanism available to do that one. They have done all the cab forward versions, just a new boiler and cab with a skyline casting, some mechanical changes and you have an AC-9. It really wouldn't be to hard to do your own kitbash.

I would be happy with any Pacific so we have an option besides 30 year old Rivarossis and the Model Power USRA Pacific. A K4 is the most likely choice.

An Atlantic of some flavor would be nice to see but the hard part is which one, they are not a very generic loco and no two really look alike.

Small steam is where Bachmann needs to keep working as they have been doing it so well with the recent releases. Since Walthers seems to have given up, how about a Berkshire or USRA 0-8-0 switcher. A nice small Mikado would be welcome.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

TJ

How about a better running RUSSIAN DECAPOD aka 2-10-0, it's been ages since the MINITRIX version. Two, how about this model.

http://www.flyerguide.net/photo/425824

T.J

Desertdweller

Those big Baldwin center cabs would be a great subject in N-scale.  Plenty of room inside for a robust motor and weight.

Although they were not produced in large numbers, they were used on a fairly wide range of railroads.  Great for transfers and heavy-duty switching, including shoving up humps.

Les

Mike C

I'll second the small 2-8-2. USRA light Mikago would be great. The Model Power is nice, but they arn't easy to get.

tweetsieengineer

I vote for a heavy pacific, do something similar to the 2-10-2's where you offer details unique to the railroad.  I wanna see a SRR PS4
Tim Smith,