News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C-19

Started by petertoot, August 31, 2012, 04:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petertoot

:) :)THE C-19 LOOKS A GREAT LOCO,DOES ANYONE HAVE A PIC OF THIS WITH A ANNIE,OR A K27,FROM FRONT,I WANT TO GET AN IDEA OF SIZE,TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE A LONGER ANNIE IN THE CHASSIS,OF COURSE A 2-8-0,ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT,MR BACHMANN,WHEN ARE THESE AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA,OR ON THE WATER,AS THEY SAY,MANY THANKS,PETER,IN OZZIE!!!!! ;D ;D

bob kaplan

i'll concur with that....would be real nice to see it along side of another scale engine.
  Thanks.

Skarloey Railway

Well, this page has an Accucraft C19 next to an Annie with a BBT 2-8-0 drive
http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/aff/23/aft/123852/afv/topic/afpg/2/Default.aspx

You'll need to scroll about a third of the way down the page. Side and front shots.

petertoot

very good,thanks for the info,didnt think of that site,,now,a big k27,or c-19????? :o

James

OK  Now would someone, who has access to a Bachmann C-19, please take a tape measure and find out how long (end to end) the engine and tender is, in inches.

Thank you

Skarloey Railway

This is a dimensioned drawing of a C19
http://www.ghostdepot.com/rg/rolling%20stock/locomotive/folio%20c19.gif
Now, get your calculator out. The overall length can be calculated as a percentage of the total wheelbase of loco + tender.

James

The dimension drawing is OK if I wanted axle center line to axle center line but not to good for the end to end over all length.

Skarloey Railway

Yes it is. Once you have the length from axle to axle you can either print that image off and work out the overall length from the known length. ie, if the axle to axle length measures 4 1/2 inches and the overall length is 5 1/4 inches then it's straightforward to calculate that the overall length is the axle to axle length plus one sixth. You could even do it by measuring straight off the screen. The only variable might be the engine to tender distance and the length of the couplers since the model may differ slightly from the exact prototype dimensions.

This is how people build models based on photographs where they don't have dimensions. Take a known or guessable dimension like the height of a doorframe and scale everything off from that. In this case it's pretty easy because you have an exact dimension to work with.