News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old Posts - "Big Hauler History" List

Started by Joe Satnik, August 05, 2007, 07:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

I would like to recover, re-post and update my old "Big Hauler History" list. 

Foolishly, I did not make a backup copy.  Does anyone have an electronic (preferred) or hard copy?  (Loco Bill?)

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Wade Colyer

Wade Colyer

Hi Joe:

I told you I was getting old!

Wade

Wade Colyer

Hi again:

What is the file name and extension?

Wade

scottychaos

Joe,
do you know the approximate date you posted it?
with a date, it might be fairly easy to find.

thanks,
Scot

Loco Bill Canelos

Joe,

Sorry, but I did not make a copy or print a hard copy of your post.   As far as I know there is no way to access the old board's history.   

On the old board I savedlinks related to the History items, thinking that I could access them any time I needed them.  I never anticipated we would get a whole new board, and be locked out of the old history items.  Needless to say NONE of the links to the old board work anymore.   I wish I had made hard copies of many items.  On the new board when I see an item I am saving things I want as a texr file, rather than saving just then link.

Hard lesson learned!!!!    If I find a copy or a way to access your old post I will let you know!!!

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

scottychaos

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on August 06, 2007, 06:25:42 PM
Joe,

Sorry, but I did not make a copy or print a hard copy of your post.   As far as I know there is no way to access the old board's history.   

there might be..
just need an approximate date for that post.

Scot

Joe Satnik

Greetings, again.

Wade,

I got your two spreadsheets by e-mail.  Thanks.  I'll see what I can do with them.

Scot,

As far as approximate date, it seems like I had posted it as a reply to someone else's thread (which brought it to the top) about a month before the changeover.  I rarely updated it and posted it by itself, so finding it could be a problem. 

When I looked for it, I searched on "spc satnik".   We may not have such a good search engine to work with now, though.  (I'm guessing you are going to try the archive.org "Wayback Machine".)

Again, thanks. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

scottychaos

sorry Joe..I really thought it might work!
but I cant find it.  :(

I thought that maybe http://www.archive.org/index.php might be able to locate it..I searched for http://www.bachmanntrains.com in the "wayback machine" search, and it brought up a bunch of archived pages from the past..but it looks like they only archived the first page of the old forums, and not the actual threads themselves!  :(
so thats useless..

the only place your post probably still exists is with Bachmann's own archive of the old forum, which is not currently on-line anywhere.

Scot

Loco Bill Canelos

Wade,

I haven't seen anything in my email from you, but if you could send a copy of the spreadsheets my way, I would appreciate it.   

Thanks

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

Old age strikes again. I said Bill instead of Joe. I try to get you my data soon. I got the 1997 OSH box car sometime ago and found it was a different color than the 1992 one.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Wade,

That is interesting!!  I have both but they are exactly the same color.    Please send me a pic of the 1997 OSH in the different color along with the spread sheets!!!!! 

It is always interesting to find something unexpected!