News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0 variations

Started by Hamish K, July 30, 2007, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

I note that the 4-4-0 is listed in two versions (modern with steel cab and electric lamp and old fashioned with oil lamp and wood cab). Each version comes in 3 colour schemes. Will each version be the same irrrespective of colour scheme? or will there be detail differences between the different colour schemes of the same version (modern or old)? If so, do you know what any differences might be?

This information would help in deciding which one to order.

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear Hamish,
The wood cab versions will have a box headlight and capped stack and generally lokk 1890ish. All will be the same, differing only in striping, or lack thereof. I believe the ornate version will have a ussia Iron boiler.
The steel cab versions will have generators, electric headlight, and tapered stack. Again, the versions differ only in terms of degree of striping.
This to the best of my knowlege- things can change...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

Many thanks - just what I wanted to know.

Hamish

James Thomas

I don't understand why the sound version will be later.  The Forney technology seems to work well -- wouldn't it be basically the same in the   4-4-0?

When the Forney first was available with no sound, my LHS ordered a case of each variation.  Once the sound versions came out, the silent ones stopped selling (and he still has them.)

Mr. Riley was quoted as saying that we on30ers would think the announcements were as exciting as Christmas morning.  I guess he was humming "Silent Night" at the time.