News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

rail cars

Started by william webb, October 06, 2012, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

william webb

I am looking for a rail car either by Bachmann or some body else but know nothing about them, I was wondering who has the best price and can you pull any cars with them or are they just for running as a single unit, I do not see any listing on the Bachmann site for these items

railexpert

Hi,

the On30 Rail Cars = Rail Trucks #291xx are not more listet in the Bachmann 2012 catalog, you only can buy remainder of stock at  several dealers or Ebay.

Sorry  :(

Railexpert

richg

Do some study of railcars, the Doodlebug. They usually pulled only one car. The loco do not have much power.
Railcars is a generic term. Many different types where made. The Doodlebug is only one type.

Rich

Hamish K

The Bachmann rail bus and trailer is still listed on the Bachmann site and is shown as available from some retailers. I have one, it will pull a car or two as well as its trailer. One car would probably be all it would have pulled in real life.

As has been mentioned, Bachmann previously made a rail truck, this is out of production now.

Another manufacturer previously made a RGS passenger Goose, but this.is well out of production. 

Finally, there is a steam railcar of an Australian prototype made by an Australian/British company (Ixion models). It might pull a trailer, the prototype did, however it comes with non-American couplers. I believe they can be changed, I have not tried with mine.

The Bachmann rail bus is probably your best bet.

Hamish

railtwister

Hello William,

Bachmann's Railbus comes with a single trailer car, and that's about all it should be pulling. Like the prototype, the Railbus' drive train is not up to the stress of pulling any more, if that.

Bill in FtL