News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

train shows

Started by stationmaster12, October 17, 2012, 10:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Hey WBB,
When are you guys coming to Nashville TN? This city is great and in need of some O scale train fun!!  ;D
Keep God first in all that you do.

dkmoss

I agree.  I would like to see a big train show in Nashville again :)

phillyreading

I would like to see a nice size train show in West Palm Beach FL.
TCA pulled their show out of Lake Worth FL this summer!

The only shows left are Fort Pierce and north of there or Fort Meyers FL.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

Ft Lauderdale might be a good location and I like Ft Myers too as i get out there a few times in the winter for conferences!!!!!!!!!!!

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA USA writes,

The next Massachusetts area train show is the Greenberg's Great Train and Toy show in Wilmington MA at the Aleppo Shriner's Auditorium, taking place Saturday / Sunday March 23 / 24. Unfortunately, WBB does not attend this particular show, as it is mostly just dealers, model train clubs, and layout exhibitors, no manufacturers.

More info about Greenberg Train Shows can be found at http://www.greenbergshows.com
Sincerely: JP

algalli

Lee

There is a show in Palm Beach Gardens this weekend.
Big Train Show this weekend

Saturday, December 8 10am - 3pm
Sunday, December 9, 11am - 4pm

The 4th annual Derrick Dean Wagner Memorial Toy & Train Show, with proceeds to benefit the scholarship foundation, has designed the event
to be a family attraction. Just in time for Christmas, there will be door prizes & operating train layouts, Live steam demo, and there will be
Train and Toy vendors of all types displaying their wares for all to see and buy.

St. Marks School Gym, 3395 Burns Road, Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Late January there is a show at the Martin County fairgrounds and March 23rd there is a TCA sponsored show, open to the public .

M1FredQ

Any shows in Orlando during the weekend of Jan. 18th???

Lee any train hobby shops you know of in Orlando???????????

phillyreading

I think the hobby shop named Colonial Photo & Hobby is still there, don't know where as a relative drove me there the last time I was in Orlando.
See if the TCA has a train show in nearby Maitland or Ocala FL.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

In Ft Lauderdale there is another All train hobby store.

The person who runs it is named Rick. He's very knowledgeable and has a vast

inventory of G-Gauge,  O-Gauge, and HO. Inventory is all over the place and priced

OK. I'll find out when i talk to my Ft Lauderdale buddy and post the address for those

of you in the area!!

phillyreading

There is a train show in late January in Deerfield Beach, Broward County, at the Hillsboro Blvd. Amtrak train station, saturday the 26th of January at 9am.
Address is 1300 West Hillsboro Blvd. Deerfield Beach. I-95 exit 42 go west towards the FL turnpike, go past the railroad crossing and do first legal U-turn, then come back and park.
Free admission & free parking.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

Thanks Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stationmaster12

Hobby Shops in Orlando. I know of Colonial Photo and Hobby 407-841-1485 or 407-896-0322. http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/ The are a couple of other places in town, these guys are the best. I know I used to live in Orlando and spent a ton on money on trains there:) Hope this help!
Keep God first in all that you do.

3rail

Hi Guys,

Unless a major show develops in one of your areas, the best bet of us visiting your area would be a World's Greatest Hobby. www.wghshow.com or the annual NMRA convention http://www.nmra.org/convention/.  Typically, we need a show with attendance of 5,000 people or more to justify the expense of attending.

Regards,

3rail

TrainmanGene

The internet pretty hurt train meets. We had several during the fall and winter in Tamoa but now very seldom.
Sueme Valley System