News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

wiring

Started by hankm, October 22, 2012, 11:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hankm

Is there a wiring diagram available someplace  for a 2-6-6-2 ?

richg

Not that I have ever seen. Get your multimeter out and use the resistance scale to check the connections.
The NMRA standards will show you what DCC decoder wiring should be like.
I do know that Bachmann does not follow the NMRA wiring colors.
Now, exactly what is you situation that requires a schematic? That will alert others to what you are looking to accomplish.

Rich

hankm

I have a 2-6-6-2 that runs backwards and   I can not change the CV setting for some reason or other,so I want to change the wires  to the Motor    Hankm

jonathan

There is a possibility that your decoder is installed backwards.  Do your headlights work?  Non-working headlights is a symptom of a reversed decoder, as is not being able to program the locomotive, as is the lcomotive running backwards.

Regards,

Jonathan

rbryce1

Isn't there a setting in CV29, to reverse the polarity of the decoder instead of re-wiring it?

hankm

I tried going in to CV 29 and change the setting therein lies the problem. what needs to be done is change bit zero  if it is zero to one or one to zero. my problem is I can not get  into bit zero it starts at one and goes up from there. this is a real old  soundtraxx decoder I'm working with

rbryce1

Have you tried calling Soundtraxx?

(888) 789-7637

(970) 259-0690

Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm, Mountain Time

Email: support@soundtraxx.com