14 Piece Ho Scale E-Z Track Pier Set.and does it matter Help

Started by jerry p, October 24, 2012, 08:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbryce1

Len,

I never thought of using it for that, but you have maybe helped save me a lot of work on my Christmas layout, as I have 2 streams to landscape down to, across and back up.  This may work out great by cutting the large bases down in size, gluing them to the layout and attaching the piers to the permanently installed bases.  When it comes time to put it all in storage, just remove the piers from the bases and pack it all up.  Much easier than using the trestle I had planned on.  Tonight I'll pull the box out and try it.

Thankx!

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

In the up and over figure 8 example of 18 (18" radius - 30 degree) curves and 8 (9")straights,

you would use 4 straights above and 4 straights below.  

Assuming you would use each pier at the gap between 2 track pieces,

an even number of straights (above) would put a pier right on top the track below it.  

The E-Z Track 36" bulk straight could be substituted for four 9" straights,

but you would have to put vertical bends in it.  (Heat gun?)

Another alternative, an 18" long homemade girder bridge built to accommodate either E-Z Track or other Code 100 non-roadbed track.  

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

rbryce1

In the words of an old, but very respected Greek philospher ........  Bummer!

Len

Joe,

There doesn't have to be a pier right on the center joint of the upper track. Putting a pier to either side of the lower track works just find.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.