Bachmann On30 Mogul Tender for the BLI C-16

Started by hminky, February 10, 2007, 11:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

I have a "what I did" about putting a Bachmann On30 Mogul Tender behind the Broadway Limited Imports C-16 at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/c-16_tender/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

C.S.R.R. Manager

By the way, the article describes how to transplant the BLI sound system into the Bachmann tender.  Not an easy thing to do, and Harold shows every step in detail.

Thanks Harold, I have a C-16 on the workbench now, and you just opened up a whole new can of worms for me.  I had already planned on replacing the cab and pilot, and removing the cast-on boiler details before installing new piping.  You mention on the site that you plan on backdating the loco, and I hope this includes new piping on the boiler.  That would be fun to read, and very helpful.

Ken Schei

Hi, Harold,

Nice work.  Keep it up.  I share your dislike for the clunky tender which doesn't match the classic original C-16 lines, and I've been planning on doing the same thing to my C-16.  I have an extra Bachmann tender waiting.  I appreciate the instructions on how you did yours.  Thanks.

Cheers, Ken

Royce Wilson

::) ::) ::) ::)
Hi Harold! thanks for all the work you have done, you know one talen talent you have is writting instructions well.,I know I don't.
the conversion is nice. have you tried the JIm Ellis approach to backdating the tender?
I have purchased the PSC flared tender corners and cut my stock BLI tender down and all that is left is build the new top dek from sheet styrene .
I have removed the boiled and completely removed everything, I hate cast on details! I thought we past that in the 1970's PSC baldwind domes look much better. actually the boiler is more work,but fun. mine is about half way complete.    Royce Wilson

hminky

I took on look at the BLI tender an realized there had to be an easier converision. Besides the BLI tender is too large. Converting a Bachmann tender takes an evening. Keith Wiseman also sells a resin tender that is correct.

Harold