News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trim A Train Question

Started by ka4vye, November 03, 2012, 09:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ka4vye

I am not a train person, I bought a used Trim A Train N scale. I a getting voltage to the track. The engine is not running. Questions: should the wheels turn freely on the engine without power simply holding it in your hand? Anyone have a manual on the train/engine? The engine is connected to the next car via  a plastic post of some kind, it seems to move in and out,,, what does this do? I only paid $25, but I wanted it to work, and of course told that it did. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks..

jward

having never heard of this item before, i looked it up on the net. the locomotives, cars, track, and i assume power supply all appear to be standard bachmann items. there seem to be at least two versions, a set with a steam locomotive and another with a f9 diesel. i am not sure which you have, but i don't think you should be able to turn the wheels on the locomotive by hand.

when you place the locomotive on the track, do you get any kind of noise from the locomotive? does the headlight light up? if neither of these are true, are you sure you are getting power to the track? touching a quarter to the rails should give a spark if there is power on the track. 
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

ka-

No, the drive wheels on a locomotive should not move when you attempt to move them manually. All of the wheels on
most diesel models are drive wheels but only the wheels connected to the side rods or gearing on a steam engine are
driven. The smaller wheels in front of or behind the drive wheels, if any, will move manually.

-- D