News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ON30 K-27 & C-19

Started by Mark Damien, November 04, 2012, 05:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Damien

Since Bachmann has the CAD for their k-27 & C-19 for large scale, how long will it be before they scale down to ON30?

Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

Royce Wilson

That C-19 would be a welcome item!

Royce

Skarloey Railway

Quote from: Mark Damien on November 04, 2012, 05:37:16 AM
Since Bachmann has the CAD for their k-27 & C-19 for large scale, how long will it be before they scale down to ON30?

Right after the old-time Baldwin 4-4-0 and 2-6-0. There is a queue you know!

Royce Wilson

We have only been begging for that 4-4-0 for 5 years! >:(

Royce

Mark Damien

[/quote]

Right after the old-time Baldwin 4-4-0 and 2-6-0. There is a queue you know!
[/quote]

Point taken.
I'm sure our friends at Bachmann will surprise us all & push them all out real soon.......real soon.
Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

ChrisS

I will buy one each c-19 and k-27!!!

NarrowMinded

I would Buy a few k27's in on30 they are my favorite Narrow gauge Engine by far.

I want a Large scale but I Don't have the room for a layout that can I could run it on.

An On30 from bachman would likely be affordable for me.

I would bet it would be an all time best seller around the world.

NM-Jeff

darryl1936

I just might be interested in one or two myself.

But then the beta testers would have to make a report first.  Like no running problems.

Here's hope they make those some day not too far in the future,

TOF in Oregon

RGS Goose

I would have to have at least two K-27's, and one, maybe two, C-19's,as long as they will go around the same radius curves as the 2-8-0.
RGS Goose

maxxi

Would make no sense since you have both types available from MMI. And the B'mann locomotives became not cheaper. A good, larger 4-4-0 , the most common type of the early steam years, that would hit the market ! An excellent foundation for the scratchbuilders too.

Royce Wilson

We are still begging for that 4-4-0 since MMI bailed on making one.

Royce

NarrowMinded

MMI has a on30 k-27...

where can i go buy one right now?

NM-Jeff

Tomcat

I would buy three K-27 and two or three C-19 if Bachmann would make them. The Mudhens are definitely my favorite Narrow Gauge engines and I have a Bachmann Fn3 K-27 (455 after wreck) sitting here on the shelf to admire every day. I would welcome a Bachmann made Mudhen and a C-19 very much too!!!!

The MMI models are fine, but they are very stiff-necked on track, the running gear does not allow the engine to negotiate (not rough) fully flat and perfect track laying and my K-27,K-28 and K-36 engines do have tracking issues on the Micro Engineering turnouts from time to time.

So I would go and sell them if Bachmann would make a K-27 in the way the precious Fn3 model is!!!
Please, Bachmann folks, give us something Colorado N.G. - make the iconic K-27.... =)

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Jeff: The MMI models are almost gone. Best, try Southwest Narrow Gauge, they have some re-runs from time to time and will be producing the RGS 455 after wreck too, which requires extra tooling, though...

Mark Damien

Quote from: NarrowMinded on November 05, 2012, 10:01:00 PM
MMI has a on30 k-27...

where can i go buy one right now?

NM-Jeff

Sadly the Hobby Supastore no longer sells MMI locos. They had brilliant prices.
I bought a K27, K28, K36 & two C-19s. They shipped all three K's to Australia for $68 all up !!! They must have friends @ USPS, 'cause it costs $65 each loco, from anyone else.

Recently, Bruce at Southwest Narrow Gauge sent me this.
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:48:50 -0700
At this writing I have a MMI Mix of on3/on30 locomotives
49 C-19s
210 K27s
150 K28s
9 K36s (on30 only)
236 K37s
#455 K27 ATW in stock
Plus, 175 brass on3 only, locomotives.

His website is inaccurate, so verify exactly what you want with Bruce.
I bought a K-37 & K-28 from him last week.
Bad luck Bachmann, that's seven locos I couldn't buy from you.

The only thing stopping MMI locos selling like hotcakes is the hefty price tag from their limited production runs. Although when you have one in your hands you tend to forgive them this as well.

If Bachmann produced them on mass they could do it for much less. ON30 seems to be getting very popular, & producing something as iconic as a k-27; & other K's, or the venerable C's should sell up a storm.

Something I've never understood - A Brass loco with a diecast chassis is generally half the price of a Brass loco with a Brass chassis. Why is a brass chassis so expensive?

Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

Most of you probably know this, so apologies.

You just can't click a button to do an easy re-scale when the drawing's prototype gauge (36") is different than the track's prototype gauge ( 30").

You would have to re-draw to either a different scale (1:55 instead of O = 1:48) to remain correctly proportioned, or wreck the proportion (length or height vs width) by narrowing the engine width and wheel gauge to 30".

It's all a compromise...

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.