News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Scale Burglarized buildings

Started by JLK2707, November 08, 2012, 06:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

I am just wondering how you can make an HO Scale building look like it has been broken into. Can you offer me any ideas?

wjstix

You could take a sharp hobby knife or single-edged razor blade and cut plastic window glazing in a jagged way, so it looked like a broken window. Perhaps a few small pieces on the sidewalk or porch representing broken glass.

You could have a front door partially knocked off it's hinges, so say it was still attached at the bottom but loose on the top and leaning at an odd angle.

Doneldon

JLK-

This will be very difficult to portray in such a way that people viewing your layout will notice that something has happened.
A kicked in door or a broken window is a very small, static detail which will mostly go unoticed. You can draw more focus
to the scene if you add some police to your scene. Better would be a police car with flashing light bar. You can buy these
layout ready or easily add lights to an existing police car. Woodland Scenics has figures of police arresting someone.

-- D

bevernie

:)You might also put in an "alarm sound", and that will draw attention! But, you would probably have it "switched", so it would only come on when you wanted it!!
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

AndyJB

How about some yellow police tape around the entrance.

Atlantic Central

How about a dead burglar lieing on the ground in front and a shop owner holding a shotgun?

Seriously, do what ever you like, but life is full enough of bad things and bad people, I don't want to portray that sort of thing on my layout - again, unless it shows the good guy winning.

Sheldon

Doneldon

Quote from: Atlantic Central on November 13, 2012, 10:05:43 PM
How about a dead burglar lieing on the ground in front and a shop owner holding a shotgun?

Seriously, do what ever you like, but life is full enough of bad things and bad people, I don't want to portray that sort of thing on my layout - again, unless it shows the good guy winning.

Sheldon

Great idea! And then take one of the worthless smoke units out of a steamer and plumb it up so the
smoke comes out of the muzzle of the shotgun. It would make just about the right amount of smoke.

Joe323

I placed one of those Flickering LED candles inside one of my buildings to make it look like it's on fire.  A bit off topic but I thought I would chime in anyway