News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Why not more standard-sized passenger cars?

Started by Desertdweller, November 16, 2012, 05:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertdweller

A few days ago, I was working with my model railroad and was thinking about my  Bachmann full-length dome lounge cars.  I have five of these, three "McKinley Explorer" cars, an ATSF car, and an AMTRAK car that I repainted in Milwaukee Road colors as a stand-in for a correct Pullman-Standard Superdome car.

These are really nice cars.  They have interior details on both levels and look great when the interiors are painted.

I took a sixth one and used parts of it, with Evergreen Plastic and a Con-Cor dining car, to produce a model of an SP 3/4 length dome lounge.

This led me to wonder why Bachmann has produced no more cars in this series to run with the full-length domes?  I would think there would be a market for other stainless steel passenger cars in full-length format.  Some cars that are not commonly available are diner-lounges; coach-grill cars; baggage-cafe cars; or just some additional coach/chair cars and baggage cars?  How about a full-length parlor car?

Les

rustycoupler

We do need more fairly priced passenger cars, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Fairly priced means lets say eighteen dollars a piece, not thirtytwo dollars a piece.

skipgear

Probably doable if you don't mind deleting interior detail, clear windows and other details considering $18 is about the going rate for a box car that has none of these things.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950