News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Newbie needs some information. . . .

Started by ACEGuy, November 28, 2012, 09:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACEGuy

I am new to the hobby and have a retail hardware store.  I am in the midst of suspending a G Scale train from the ceiling of our store.  I have a 1:25 scale tractor trailer that I would like to put the trailer on a flat car.  It measures 14.5 inches long and 4.5 inches wide.  I cannot find the dimensions of a flat car platform anywhere and don't want to buy one just to find that it is too small.  Most of my current collection of cars are Bachmann.  Does anyone know the actual size if the Bachmann flatcar platform? ???

Thanks,

Bob  ;)

Ron Tremblay

Hi Bob; I have a bachmann spectrum flat car . It measures 4.5wide inside of steaks. And 18" long. hope this helps. Regards;Ron

ACEGuy

Thanks Ron,

It does help.  I am trying to decide between a Spectrum and a Big Hauler flat car.  I dont need the detail of the Spectrum since it will be up in the air.  I think the Spectrum is slightly longer but well within the range I need.

Regards,

Bob

Joe Satnik

Dear Bob,

I have a Big Hauler (1:22.5) flat car (7 stakes per side) with logs, similar to item #98470.

Distance between cut levers is 14-1/2", though the standing brake wheel reduces that about 1/2". 

(Simulated wood) floor width is 3-3/8", stake to stake width is 3-5/8".

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Chuck N

Bob:

Is your hardware store in Tuscon or is there going to be a second ACE with trains?

Chuck