News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Why not a PRR K4 like the HO one?

Started by inkaneer, December 02, 2012, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strummer

I posed this question some time back on the Atlas Forum: the Pennsy built and used literally hundreds of Pacifics, Mikados, Decapods and Consolidations, yet we find ourselves what i called at that time "Pennsy Challenged".

We have available to us models of locos which had prototypes built in numbers of 50 or much less, yet the only decent PRR engine ever made yet in N has been the Trix K4.

So yes, please feel free to release a K4 (as built, of course!)

Mark in Oregon

RGW

I model the milwaukee road and I have 2 N&W Js (newer release great engines) one is painted up in Milw colors I also have
2 trix K4s  one dummy undec and one in pennsy colors re-motored .These do not fit with the Milw 1955-1965 but I have a short line that is cooperation with the Milw.
so I can run what I want , they painted there engines in milw colors.  I also run a Y3 mallet and 2 bachmann 2-6-6-2s
This is my story and I am sticking to it.   Yes I will run other railroads loco on my layout   

heintz

Don't forget the Precision Scale brass K4 which came in three versions, though not the version I wanted (#3768).  These were selling for between 2 and 3 hundred. Now they are approaching 6-8 hundred, which is an indication that the demand for K4's is growing.

Quote from: strummer on January 20, 2013, 11:35:21 AM
I posed this question some time back on the Atlas Forum: the Pennsy built and used literally hundreds of Pacifics, Mikados, Decapods and Consolidations, yet we find ourselves what i called at that time "Pennsy Challenged".

We have available to us models of locos which had prototypes built in numbers of 50 or much less, yet the only decent PRR engine ever made yet in N has been the Trix K4.

So yes, please feel free to release a K4 (as built, of course!)

Mark in Oregon