News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WP&Y DL535

Started by livesteamer, December 09, 2012, 03:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livesteamer

Will Bachmann be putting out a DL535e diesel in On30? This would be a good locomotive for the Narrow gauge groups.

railexpert

Hello,
seven DL535E were built from  Alco / MLW in 1969 and three were built 1971 from MLW for White Pass & Yukon RR. Some are there still in service. Some other DL535E run from the quarry to the US Gypsum Co. plant at Plaster City, California.

I mean, there are many locos with a longer lifecycle we need first as model from Bachmann and at last this giant NG loco DL535E.

Railexpert    ::)

Kevin S.

I would buy one of these or one of the GE 90-Class shovelnose diesels.

But having had the good fortune to visit Skagway and ride the White Pass, these are HUGE narrow gauge locomotives.

Bachmann would need to produce the container flats as well in order to sell these beasts so they could have something to pull.

They would be cool though!

The White Pass is a neat railroad.

RRinMiami

Just think about it.   HOW MUCH IT WOULD OPEN the On30 line.   It could revitilize it and bring in new members that like more diversity.   Since now we would have Diesel Locos besides Steam.  Those who like Steam and small lines would be happy, those who preffer diversity and Diesel would now have a choise as well as those who are traditional RR.

Ken Clark

As the DL535 were also used in South America, I do believe it would be of interest. as for WP&Y cars with the number of X Colorado cars that were shipped for war service a decent train could be made up for the units to haul.  Railmaster Export made Sn3 the Anvil Ore Cars (a six pack that I have yet to assemble) which will oneday be in service on my South American Railway.

Ken Clark
       GWN

Biglars

I would buy a bunch of WP&Y power.