News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heritage Express G Scale

Started by PSUJohnny, December 11, 2012, 11:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUJohnny

I purchased a Bachmann Heritage Express G Scale train several years ago for under our Christmas tree.  I set it up this year and when I turn the transformer to start the train, the light is initially green and then clicks to red.  The train does not move at all.  I am thinking that the motor is seized, but not sure.  Anyone able to help?

Loco Bill Canelos

Bachmann never made a heritage express in G Scale.  No matter, your problem is a short causing the circuit breaker to trip.  You don't say what locomotive you have, but in most cases the front 4 wheel truck on the locomotive is turned around causing the short.  Let us know if this solves your problem.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Joe Satnik

Dear Johnny,

Bachmann G scale trains use DC motors, which need a variable DC power pack

Your track power source sounds like an old Lionel AC transformer, which clicks and turns on a red light following a short or overload.

Hope you haven't burned out your motor with the wrong type of power source.

Can you put up a picture or link to a (Photobucket, e.g.) picture of your loco, track and transformer?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

g-guage_trains

Hi, It is 2-6-2, not a Bachmann. I Googled and found:
Heritage Express G Scale Electric Train Set
Features Die-Cast Engine and Wheels
Authentic Locomotive Sounds
Realistic Smoke
Real Working Headlight
The Set Contains:
Locomotive
Tender
Freight Car
Caboose
UL Approved Power Pack
92" x 52" Oval Snap-Fit Track
Instruction Manual
It has a short somewhat, that trips overload.
alanrr

Chuck N

But, who made it?  If you can identify the manufacturer someone might be able to help.  Chuck

armorsmith

After some searching, I found this pic, which is the clearest.

http://www.gscalejunkie.com/GeneralPics/CatchAll/Heritage.jpg

Hope this will help

Bob C.

Larry S.

This is not a Bachmann set. This set is a Chinese knock off of Bachmann cars and a giant version of the 2-6-0 Indy (seems close to 1:20.3). The cars are very close to the Bachmann cars. Another version is issued by Buddy L. I found the 2-6-0 to be a good puller but could stand a great deal of extra detail.

Larry S.
Southerm Ohio Narrow Gauge RR
Larry S.