News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 trolley

Started by bussy65, December 11, 2012, 04:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussy65

I have a new Bachman ON30 trolley. Instead of a power pack, this thing is equipped with

an on/off switch only which has only speed --slow. This replaced last years HO Trolley

which worked just fine. Also, I can only get intermittent operation, sometimes it

quits in the middle of the run. So far not much fun.  Any ideas??

Thanks

Jack

Doneldon

Jack-

Since this is a replacement, I assume you have had the set-up for a while. Consequently, you may need to clean your track. Also, you
should be able to continue using your old power pack so you'll have speed control. Still, slow might be the best speed. The trolleys I've seen
all have quite short tracks so zipping back and forth can seem too frenetic.
                                                                                                                    -- D

Hamish K

I thought that the current On30 Trolley sets had a variable speed controller built into the car barn.  The description in  the online catalogue on this site states that they have a variable speed controller.. I know there was an earlier version without variable speed, could you have got very old stock?  Perhaps the Bachmann or Yardmaster can shed some light ?

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The first version had a built-in timer, but no speed control.
The new sets have a separate speed control, but no timer.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

bussy65

Bachman,
This was purchased 10 months ago, did I get the old or new, and is there a way to

use a power pack with this garage set-up???

Thanks--

NarrowMinded

Based on the Bach-mans post and yours  I would say you have the old version.

NM-Jeff

BIG BEAR

B65,

I think the red brick barn is the older version and the cream city brick barn is the new version.

Enjoy,
Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

bussy65

Thanks y'all, no wonder this version was so cheap, will I ever learn.

Does anyone have any ideas how to convert this older version to a form

where I could use a power pack. The electrical connectors are different. I tried switching the track inside the barn

from the HO version to this ON30 barn but that didn't work. Any ideas???

Thanks