News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Detail on SD90MAC

Started by DominicMazoch, December 11, 2012, 09:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominicMazoch

I just got a new 90MAC, UP/CNW Heritage.  I noticed it had plastic glass on the cab and windshield washer.  When did WBB started placing this stuff on the cabs?  Now, do we have W/WBB variations?

Hi Dominic,
            Do you run that SD 90 on Lionel tubular track? If yes, how does it handle the 031 turnouts? Does it run well? Pros/Cons
            I am asking because that is the type of track that I have on my layout. I am thinking of purchasing the UP "KATY" version from Trainland. Most of the SD 90s are currently on sale for $109.99 from Trainland. I need to treat myself with an early Christmas Gift.

Thanks...671

phillyreading

The SD-45's will handle 031 curves but look a bit unusual doing it, also need to slow down for most curves, unless doing switching as you don't go that fast when switching.

FYI, the GP-9's by Williams will run on 027 curves.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

I have 5 90MAC's.  They are longer than the 45's, but will do 31 curves and O22 switches.  Yes, the TW offer is a good one.  Where I got my CNW 90mac.

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for the info! Looks like I will have to stop at Trainland tomorrow and treat myself to a new loco.

Thanks...671

DominicMazoch

But watch out for the PA's and EF4's.  They will do O-31 and O-22 switches, but their long lenght will sideawipe items placed close to curves.   Lionel and Atlas O-36 might be better choices for these.

phillyreading

Does this come with the new True Blast Plus by WBB?
Saw it(T.B. Plus) advertised with the new GP-30's.

Lee F.