News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Chemical in Smoke Liquid?

Started by Aultworld, December 28, 2012, 04:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

GG1-

I think the old smoke fluid and pellets used in the old Lionels was a different substance. The odor is certainly different.

I agree that there probably isn't a health risk at the quantities to which we are exposed but I have seen some really messed up locomotives and layouts due to the smoke fluid, and not just from spills.
                                                                                                                                 -- D

rogertra

Quote from: Doneldon on December 26, 2013, 10:51:10 PM
GG1-

I think the old smoke fluid and pellets used in the old Lionels was a different substance. The odor is certainly different.

I agree that there probably isn't a health risk at the quantities to which we are exposed but I have seen some really messed up locomotives and layouts due to the smoke fluid, and not just from spills.
                                                                                                                                 -- D

I'd never recommend using a smoke unit for the reasons Doneldon state above.  Never understood why Broadway Limited puts a smoke unit in their otherwise excellent models.

M1FredQ

I am glad for the forum and those asking about the smoke.

In this day and age with GMO foods, aluminum and mercury laced vaccines coming from China, Geo-engineered vapor trails with Boron,Berilium and aluminum particles, I too would be curious about the smoke fluid used on my "Toy Trains"!!

The mineral Oil residue which gets"popped" onto the locomotives and some of the rolling stock never bothered me as I wipe it off with a soft bristle paint brush and I think it helps "nourish" the plastic.

I believe based on what I have looked into and 15 years of the "practice"of medicine, as well as all the chit-chatting I like to do with hobbyists from all over the States and Europe I believe the stuff to be relatively safe.

Would I put it in my coffee. NO would it hurt if I did I don't think so but you sure would free up your constipation with that mineral oil and Glycerin!!!

Thanks GG-1 and everyone I always enjoy hearing what you folks have to say!!!

This is mymost favorite hobby!!!

Merry Christmastide and Happy New Year I hope I helped. ::) ::)

RAM

Eating your train set will cause cancer.  So don't do it.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: RAM on December 27, 2013, 07:23:33 PM
Eating your train set will cause cancer.  So don't do it.
But.. :-\..but.. ???..but.. :-[....but.... :'(....Well, OK :P But it does smell good :D

M1FredQ

RAM

You got that right by the time you got the cancer from eating the trainset, the parts would rip up your G.I. Tract something fierce first!!!!!

I think only Navy Seals and Army Rangers can safely handle that!!!!!!!!!

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Doneldon on December 26, 2013, 10:51:10 PM
GG1-

-- D

I thought they where a glycerin tablet of sorts. Oh well, hard enough to find now that I pretty much just use fluid now.

helicopter

On further research, I am not that concerned about it.  For what it is worth, I happened to notice that propylene glycol and glycerine are both ingredients in my son's Oragel Toddler Training Toothpaste.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: M1FredQ on December 28, 2013, 12:19:16 PM
RAM

You got that right by the time you got the cancer from eating the trainset, the parts would rip up your G.I. Tract something fierce first!!!!!

I think only Navy Seals and Army Rangers can safely handle that!!!!!!!!!

Im hiding my tin plate from you guys >:(