When Will We Get New Paint Schemes on the NE Caboose

Started by haasmarc, January 03, 2013, 02:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haasmarc

Just curious.  The NE caboose was such a hit and there are lots of paint schemes that can be done on it.  Just wondering when we might get some more?  I would like to see:

Reading - Red scheme
CNJ       - Any scheme
LV         - Bicentenial, green

Marc Haas

the Bach-man

Dear arc,
I'll look into those and some others. Post pictures of your suggestions!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

the Bach-man

Thanks!
Those look great- I'll promote them!
the Bach-man

railtwister

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 10, 2013, 11:32:53 PM
Thanks!
Those look great- I'll promote them!
the Bach-man

Please Mr. Bach-man,

While you're at it, also promote the early Western Maryland bright red with circular "Fast Freight" herald, the colorful red/white/black western Maryland "Circus" scheme, and the final yellow with orange stripe & silver roof WM/Chessie scheme for the Northeastern cabooses (are you seeing a pattern developing here?).

Bill in FtL

the Bach-man

brokemoto

I will add my second for the WM round 'Fast Freight' herald and the Reading Company plain red.

While I do have NE cabooses lettered in this fashion, they are of the manufacture of that 'Other Manufaturer or the NE caboose'.

The B-mann is FAR superior in appearance and quality to that of 'BRAND X'.  If there is a gripe that I have with the Bachpersonn NE caboose is that you can not get the @$%&*$# window glazing out of the undecorated so that you can glosscote, add decals then dullcote.  You must carefully mask the windows and take care not to score the caboose body with your eXacto knife. The 'BRAND X' caboose comes with no glazing, so you can, of course, add the glazing of your choice after painting, glosscoting, decalling and dullcoting.  As it is far inferior to the B-mann, I would prefer to update.

the Bach-man

haasmarc