News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Village Street Car Set

Started by Jeff J, January 15, 2013, 10:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff J

I just recieved a Village Street Car (Auto-reversing) set.  I set it up and the street car stops at the Hayes bumper and will not reverse.  The auto-reversing activator track section is in place as the directions states (farthest from the car barn) but it will not reverse.  I checked all connections without taking the wiring apart and all seam fine.  I turn the power pack off, turn it back on and move the street car until it gets power past the split in the rail (Toward the car barn) of the last track and the street car will travel back to the barn and stop, reverse and travel back to the Hayes bumper where it stops and does not reverse.   I have the "A" on the bottom of the auto-reversing activator track section toward the car barn. Any help on what I need to try.

Thanks, Jeff J

NarrowMinded

It's likely a problem with the connections of the reversing connductors,
make your track as short as possible then try it, if it works add a section at a time until you find the offending track/connection, if it wont reverse replace the sections with the one you removed first then try it if none of that works you may have a bad unit.

One last thing... have you tried turning the trolley around to see what it does?

NM-Jeff

Jeff J

I have tried everything you suggested.  Thanks for that.  I have contacted Bachmann directly and they narrowed it down to a bad auto-reversing activator track.

Thanks again, Jeff