Gonna 3 truck my Climax and other logging ramblings

Started by Artfull Dodger, January 25, 2013, 02:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfull Dodger

I am going to do the Backwoods Miniature 3 truck conversion to my Climax, really wish the 3rd truck could be driven by the line shaft.  Hopefully in the future, Bman will do a 3 truck version of the Climax and a 3 cylinder/3 truck shay.  The Climax is a nice size already for a 3 truck model, my only suggestion to Bman would be to offer the 3 trucker with Walscherts valve gear instead of the current inside Stephenson valve gear.  Bachmann has a good thing going here with thier On30.  I sincerely hope they give it their full attention as much as possible with new products.  Disconnect logging cars, similar to the ones Kaydee does in HO scale would go well with their small loco's.   The one aspect of ON30 that is igniored is buildings beyond the wood craftsman kits.  If Bachmann brought out a series of buildings, a series of logging themed ones, they would fill a huge open void to many modelers.  A small backwood sawmill, single stall engine house, company town/houses, company store, rerun the logging camp cars.  Would make the roll out of the Heisler even more special.  Bman's parent company holds the cards in China, so they should be able to get premo plant time for production.  They have really stepped up their HO product line, how about some good attention to the On30 line!!?
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

Wonderful thoughts.
I especially like the idea of the Logging Disconects in Bachmanns ready to use glory.