News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

World's Greatest Hobby on Tour

Started by Albert in N, December 26, 2012, 10:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert in N

This is a train show worth attending!  Bachmann and other manufacturers have booths.  I am looking forward to this show on January 5 and 6, 2013, in Fort Worth at Will Rogers Memorial Center.  You can check the events tab on Bachmann site, Model Railroader, Railroad Model Craftsman, or WGHSHOW.COM, for other dates and locations.  Yes, I will sneak a peek at Williams by Bachmann's GP30, but will remember to remain faithful to N scale.   This show advertises 20+ operating model railroading displays, 250 booths of manufacturers or retailers, over 100 trains for kids to play with, plus demonstrations of new products.  The last time it was in Fort Worth, Texas, was 2007, and I still remember it.  Sure there are other train shows, but World's Greatest Hobby on Tour is a must.

James in FL

If you're lucky to get a chance in a city near you, then go.
I went to WGH show in Tampa in 2011 and it was great!
It's the only opportunity to speak direct, one to one, with the manufacturer's reps, and I liked that.
As long as they tour somewhere near here, I will attend again.

Albert in N

Enjoyed the train show today in Fort Worth, Texas.  Bachmann had several nice operating demo layouts , product on display, helpful employees, as well as free catalogs.  Although N scale is my size, the Williams By Bachmann layout made me smile.  It brought back memories of Lionel 027 three-rail, but had modern detailing and solid state reliability.  The Williams GP-30 is really neat.  If only it was N Scale!  Bachmann did have a nice N scale layout with RS-3 diesel continuously pulling a short freight train over turnouts and through the scenery.  Other manufacturers (Kato, Lionel, MTH, Broadway Limited, etc.) plus publisher Carstens had nice operating displays.  It is impressive to chat with factory reps, plus see new product.  Oh, Lionel had an employee dressed like Lenny the Lion with kids getting photos made with him.  There were seminars for people new to the hobby, plus a variety of large operating layouts.  Many, many young families with children attended and all seemed to have a great time.  Model Railroading really must be the World's Greatest Hobby.  

r0bert

our club will be set up at the st. louis show next weekend.
we are debuting our new T-TRAK layout.