Bachmann Dynamis & pro can we get JMRI to hook up to this

Started by utdave, January 08, 2013, 05:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: Hunt on January 09, 2013, 11:14:43 AM
Roger,
You are missing a key piece of equipment. JMRI is a computer based interface to the DCC device that creates the DCC signal. The DCC signal is created by a DCC command station or a DCC programmer.

Click Here and read the section What You Need to Use DecoderPro and follow the links.

Hunt, you are quite right.  Thanks for the link.  Don't know where or why I went wrong.

bapguy

I have a PR3 and JMRI.  The problem some people have with the PR3 is the power supply. The PS14 from Digitrax is not powerful enough. I use an 18Volt power supply and have no trouble programming Soundtraxx, QSI, MRC, and Digitrax decoders.   Joe

utdave

Quote from: bapguy on January 10, 2013, 12:44:02 PM
I have a PR3 and JMRI.  The problem some people have with the PR3 is the power supply. The PS14 from Digitrax is not powerful enough. I use an 18Volt power supply and have no trouble programming Soundtraxx, QSI, MRC, and Digitrax decoders.   Joe

so tell me  do you have to have a dcc system along with the programmer and JMRI   can you use them as a stand alone with out the digatrax  dcc system.

Dave