News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2013 Passenger cars

Started by M1FredQ, January 10, 2013, 10:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG1onFordsDTandI

New or not how can you resist? Me and my screwdriver would be searching for circuit boards, and/or speakers, then info if found! Maybe they were made to follow a smaller engine/tender without room for sound. Or maybe upgraded, never picked-up, then re-shelved.(you can hope anyhow) Even in the 50's big L put whistles in baggage cars when stuck for room so it wouldn't be too surprising if there was sound in those.(at least one) 

phillyreading

Quote from: M1FredQ on February 07, 2013, 02:34:41 PM
Question

While finally getting around to oil the NYC Madison Passenger cars I noticed a label under the baggage car that read "Railsounds" anyone know anything about this and how do I activate it??

I run the layout on 2 Lionel CW-80's and a 1950's ZW. I do eventually intend to get a WBB transformer.

Thanks in advance

The Railsounds NEVER happened Fred!!
It was meant to be an add-on system but they never got around to releasing it to production. So there is a plug-in area with a connector but NO system to go with it.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

Thanks Lee!!

At least there is a plug in spot for the day WBB does decide to produce soundboards.

r0gruth

Wasn't all of this covered on page one? ???
Roger

TrainmanGene

Fred you probably seen the new Lionel RTR catalog with a Pennsylvania General set which includes 3 Passenger cars with Clearastory roofs. They will look great behind the Pennsy  4-6-0 the WBB will be bringing out also. I hope they offer extra coaches in the future.
Sueme Valley System

phillyreading

Quote from: M1FredQ on February 19, 2013, 09:53:02 PM
Thanks Lee!!

At least there is a plug in spot for the day WBB does decide to produce soundboards.

A little FYI about the Railsounds was that it most likely would have been made by QSI.  With the way WBB is looking at sales income(GP-30 dummies), they will most likely NEVER make the add-on system.

Lee F.

TrainmanGene

You never know, I think WBB has something planned since there are so many items omitted from the catalog and many of the best items. So maybe there planning to expand the sound system in new production and try to clear the warehouse of existing stock. Rember they keep quiet due to competition. I'm hoping for them to bring back the scale GG1 with sound as well as other locomotives.
Sueme Valley System

r0gruth

Quote from: TrainmanGene on February 23, 2013, 04:08:49 PM
You never know, I think WBB has something planned since there are so many items omitted from the catalog and many of the best items. So maybe there planning to expand the sound system in new production and try to clear the warehouse of existing stock. Rember they keep quiet due to competition. I'm hoping for them to bring back the scale GG1 with sound as well as other locomotives.

The forum moderator told me I was wrong when I questioned Bachmanns motives in deleting so many items or not restocking.
My question was if the plan was to phase out the Williams line and was told to wait to see the new catalog.Well I have seen it
and still am wondering where the Williams line is going.
Roger

TrainmanGene

Below is a post from the moderator a when the new catalog came out. I'm sure they have something up there sleeve. And he is right about the same offerings for years.

Calm down guys.  If you look at the 2013 catalog post from a couple of weeks ago, you will see that I posted that we will announce most new items at April York each year.  Many of the items that have been removed from the catalog have been in the line for many, many years.  Wait until April for the new Williams items.

Regards,

3rail
Sueme Valley System

Cobrabob8

I agree with TraimmanGene, let's wait and see. We  must give Bachmann Industries the benefit of the doubt. We have to wait until April and see what other new items may be comming. Bachmann has been in business for a long time. I highly doubt that they would have bought Williams Electric Trains just to shut it down. They bought Williams to expand their business by getting into Three Rail O Gauge where they had no presence.
   Also, perhaps they want to clear out some old inventory which their Dealers have  in preparation for future products. I am hoping as old locos are re-released they will have the newer sound systems. The only thing I regret would be their decision to not produce dummy versions of hood units. And, I also noticed in the 2013 Catalog even the Alco FA units no longer are shown with dummy B units.
   Perhaps as GP9s, U33s, BL2s are re-released they will have direction lockout switches on them making it a little easier to doublehead trains while using two, or more, powered units. That would atleast make it easier for us to run multi-unit trains if they are no longer going to make dummy units.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

r0gruth

If new stuff will be announced or shown at York in April will a new catalog be published also?
Roger

TrainmanGene

Possibly a flyer, but the new product announcements will probably be for the 2014 catalog. Some of the items in April can be canceled if they get enough negative feedback on it.
Sueme Valley System