O scale yes scale amfleet and metroliners

Started by shurlock0, January 11, 2013, 12:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shurlock0

Bachmann needs to make O scale Amfleets and metroliner cars with option to change the ends to cab cars and addition to change tops and bottoms to Metroliners. Amfleets are cuch a big item you see them everywhere.

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:

Williams / WBB already does produce a set of 3 60' Amfleet cars in either Amtrak or Notheast Regional liveries.
Check the online catalog, thay are listed under Traditional Line in the WBB catagory.

It would be cool if WBB were to produce powered Metroliner MU sets.

Hope this helps

-JP
Sincerely: JP

TrainmanGene

If you notice the Amfleets now being sold are 3 car sets and are all cafe cars with the large space in the center. I have a couple sets of the older Williams cars made about 10 years ago with the proper coaches. I dont understand why they dont punch all the windows in the extrusions.
Sueme Valley System

TrainmanGene

If they do bring back the Metroliners, I hope they improve the pantograph. The pantographs that they used on the  original Williams Metroliners and E60s were very flimsy and if you would raise them the springs would fly into space never to be seen again. I applied a drop of super glue on them with a pin to prevent this. Maybe one day someone will manufacture a aftermarket pan for the older Williams E60s and Metroliners.
Sueme Valley System