News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

paniting

Started by union pacific 844, January 14, 2013, 02:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Bound

I've made my own "cheap" spray booth. Take a cardboard box open on three sides, then add an old box fan with a furnace filter on one side to "suckout" the overspray and fumes. As others have stated, don't paint in a room with a furnace or water heater or doesn't have out side air. I have a window in my basement and set this up so the fan is close the window to exhaust the fumes to the out side.

Doneldon

Jonathan-

If you are smelling the stinky vapors they are entering your lungs. Disposable masks cannot protect you from vapors. You need
a mask with a canister or canisters which can filter out those fumes. Harbor Freight has some which are reasonably priced, especially
if you have a coupon. There is a limit on how long the canisters remain effective but it's practically unlimited when only used a few
minutes at a time for painting. In truth, we should all be using such a mask any time we are painting with other than acrylic paints.

-- D