News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

where can i get this ?

Started by union pacific 844, January 22, 2013, 11:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

Bachmann Plus HO Scale EMD F7B Union Pacific i found one  on ebay but used for 42 but can i get one cheaper?

lvrr325

I remember when guys were blowing them out for almost nothing to get rid of them.  Go to shows, look around.   

union pacific 844

i would if there where shows here   theirs  no hobby shops here to

sd24b

ok  how about within 50-75 miles? 

union pacific 844

i don't know  you want to find out found  for me hears my zip 62837

Doneldon

844-

I can't imagine that anyone will want to do this task which you can do better yourself since you know where you are, where you may be in the coming months, and how hard it might be to get from your location to the site of a train show. I must admit, I'm shocked that you would ask!

Your solution is to do a search online. It isn't difficult and, frankly, today's model railroading is so tied up with Inet sources that I can't imagine being in the hobby without computer skills and Inet savvy. If you already know how to do a search, the task will be a simple one; if you do not, it will be a valuable new skill.

-- D

union pacific 844

yeah i know but people keep telling me go to train shows and a local hobby shop  it a annoying some times

utdave

U P  844  did you get your DCC-Equipped EMD DD40AX Centennial    they have them on sale for $125  on ebay with sound.    which is the best price for a sound loco i ever found.   60 bucks plus shipping can be done without sound but you have to keep looking hoping you get the highest bid it can be done.      like don said  might start looking on the Internet  Ebay has been good for me and many other users on here.  remember this >>>  Favoritespot<<<<< they sell on ebay   theres others but theres a good start .       i just looked on ebay just for you and quess what

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-Plus-HO-Scale-EMD-F7B-Union-Pacific-1476-Powered-Train-Car-/221170393095?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item337ec86007

there she is   a F7-B union pacific    happy bidding          Dave        look out im looking for a f7-b  and another F7-A  

union pacific 844

ok cool i have about 60 d0llaers to send  on a engine  just do know what to  get any ideas ?

Piyer

The closest hobby shop that sells HO-scale equipment looks to be 80-odd miles away in Troy, IL. A&R Paints & Crafts. As for train shows... probably well over 150 miles each way - the downside to living in the middle of Nowhere, IL. Then again, I live in New York City and all of the train shows around here are out in the "countryside" making it rather difficult to reach them via mass transit, so they might as well be 150 miles away. The same with our hobby shops - I go to 6 different places in the city and combined they don't offer the variety of, say, Denver's Caboose Hobbies.

By the way... Doneldon, try imagining someone who is patient, helpful, and respectful of their fellow modelers regardless of their modeling or computer skills.
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.

union pacific 844

ok
it don't help when i can't drive yet and i will be 21 on the 27th and im thinking about get    a UP passenger car set for my new UP fef3 844 4=8=4   why do  passenger cars cost so much for a set?

sd24b

Quote from: union pacific 844 on January 23, 2013, 03:33:11 AM
ok
it don't help when i can't drive yet and i will be 21 on the 27th and im thinking about get    a UP passenger car set for my new UP fef3 844 4=8=4   why do  passenger cars cost so much for a set?
you want scale  or shorties?  pick your poison.  rtr will cost you more than kits.  and if you are doing a UP train it will not be cheap.  also, you'll have to tweak the kits more than the rtr.  my suggestion at this time would be to stay with either shorties or freight/mail trains for your FEF's.

sd24b

Quote from: Piyer on January 23, 2013, 03:17:22 AM
The closest hobby shop that sells HO-scale equipment looks to be 80-odd miles away in Troy, IL. A&R Paints & Crafts. As for train shows... probably well over 150 miles each way - the downside to living in the middle of Nowhere, IL. Then again, I live in New York City and all of the train shows around here are out in the "countryside" making it rather difficult to reach them via mass transit, so they might as well be 150 miles away. The same with our hobby shops - I go to 6 different places in the city and combined they don't offer the variety of, say, Denver's Caboose Hobbies.

By the way... Doneldon, try imagining someone who is patient, helpful, and respectful of their fellow modelers regardless of their modeling or computer skills.
I think I understand where Doneldon was coming from.  The same as I was some questions were asked that most of us would have probably figured out in time.  We all have been down this road.  and yes some of us are close to or have a LHS nearby   at the time we didn't know his personal status but no matter.  the media is out there we just need to look for it.  Phil

union pacific 844

im sorry  i was tired and not thinking

Piyer

Quote from: sd24b on January 24, 2013, 01:17:54 AM
I think I understand where Doneldon was coming from.  The same as I was some questions were asked that most of us would have probably figured out in time.  We all have been down this road.  and yes some of us are close to or have a LHS nearby   at the time we didn't know his personal status but no matter.  the media is out there we just need to look for it.  Phil

I know, Phil. But sometimes - and I'm in my 40s, so I'm looking at this from the days of Usenet's rec.models.railroad thru to present - we can be slightly unforgiving of newbies and their questions. A couple of generations ago, you'd have had the model railroad club full of guys in their 50s and 60s, with the occasional greenhorn 40-year-old, coming face to face with the teenager wanting to join and play trains with them. Today it's this newfangled interwebs thingamabob. Tomorrow we'll probably be sticking the cable wire into a port on the side of our heads and become one with all knowledge. Until then, we've got newbies to care for and nurture.  ;D 
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.