mr bachmann how about a modern version of your 4-6-0&2-6-0

Started by kewatin, January 25, 2013, 04:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

dear sirs, i have both locomotives and they are indeed sweet runners &have looks to boot. if you are considering doing another run  why could you not move the headlight down to the centre of the smokebox  and maybe change the top of the tender to an oil tank.these small mods would sure be in exspensive and would give these locos a whole new look, you could also use the smaller tender on both locos..if this happens in the near future ? count on me to buy more/ also more CNR &CPR LOGOS PLEASE
many thanks for any &all considerations
  regards&later KEWATIN

skipgear

They are both fairly modern versions as is. The high or low headlight placement is more a choice of the railroad than an era indicator. I would think there would be very few of these converted to oil fired except maybe for SP and some other oil exclusive western roads.

A larger drivered version with a larger boiler would be a nice consideration. I have looked are swaping drivers on one with those from a Mountain just to see what it would look like. Not enough spares laying around to try it though. Don't have a dead mountain to strip parts off of to try it. I think the driver spacing is far enough apart that it could be done with minor modifications and a new boiler.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

kewatin

hi tony, you are quite right in some respects,maybe i am bias as i model canadian roads cn&cp. they converted most of their locos to burn oil at the dying end of steam which i amsure you know ran right up to almost 1960. in fact we have a mogul that does service during summer months,not far from my home and it is well over 100 yrs old. i do thank you for your reply and have certainly admired your modelling skills, my old eyes just won't let me try these attemps anymore but still thankfull i can be involved in the hobby and continue to get enjoyment from it,hence my original post.
regards&later KEWATIN