Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Begin by DCC N scale

Started by eric256fr, January 29, 2013, 06:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric256fr

Hello
I am French and I make my debut in the digital
I would buy EZ Command ® Dynamis scale train ® Infrared Wireless System DCC and N, eg
  DCC-Equipped Steam Locomotives "Spectrum Canadian National # 4201" can it work without adding anything else.
Should we add a rail or a specific power cable?
Should keep my Transformer FLEISCHMANN 6755 or not?
The analogue train will they still work on the same voice
As I said I would started in digital and my English is not good
Thank you in advance

ED209

I've been using the dynamis system #36505 and it's been working great for me.  It comes with the track cables, wireless handset, command station, and AC power transformer.  So just plug it into your track and you're good to go.  From what I understand the Dynamis only works with DCC locomotives.

eric256fr

Thank you for this comment
If it's simple I should be able to get there
If everything is in the box it will be perfect
I bought locomotives DCC
you have other comments, I'm interested?
See you soon

ED209

I like the dynamis system because it fits my needs: easy to use and program, wireless, and lower cost.  It can program cv values but not read them unless you get probox.  I'm just running a dcc Bachmann 2-8-0 with a sound car, and will soon add a Bachmann 4-8-2 .   
Here in the U.S., you can get the dynamis system for a reasonable price (I got mine from thefavoritespot.com):
http://www.thefavoritespot.com/p-2775-spectrum-ez-command-control-system-digital-dynamis-wireless-infrared-system-36505.aspx

I would recommend that you also check out other dcc systems made by NCE, Digitrax, and MRC.  These are more expensive but offer more features if you're expanding. 
Hope this helps.

eric256fr

Thank you for these precise details
J have buys at favorite spot Dynamis Wireless Infrared System 36505 plus one 2-10-2 plus one 4-8-2 plus one 2-6-6-2 and one diesel any DCC Equipped
J would have taken another diesel well but expenses UPS are very important to come to France
I will test all that and will keep you informed
So long

Ken G Price

Quote from: eric256fr on February 06, 2013, 02:29:40 PM
Thank you for these precise details
J have buys at favorite spot Dynamis Wireless Infrared System 36505 plus one 2-10-2 plus one 4-8-2 plus one 2-6-6-2 and one diesel any DCC Equipped
J would have taken another diesel well but expenses UPS are very important to come to France
I will test all that and will keep you informed
So long
Once you receive your ordered items, I recommend you read all instruction manuals many times so you understand, what and what not the Dynamis system will and will not do.
Same with the manuals for the engines and decoders. While not difficult, set up must be done in certain steps for correct operation.
Amusez vous bien.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

eric256fr

Hello
I just received the hardware manual is in English. For me it is difficult
Do you know if I can find a manual in pdf or doc to be able to easily translate
another question
the track power is made with the cable or the red green pad
Is there a special rail supply?
On the outside of the module supply voltage is 100 so 240v primary should work in France or we 240V AC?
See you soon

poliss

Is there a switch on the powerpack that can be moved from 110v to 230v. France uses 230v AC.

eric256fr

ED209

Hi,
You can use the red cable and insert the round plug end to the command station, and on the other end plug in the flat plug to the terminal rerailer track.  Here's a pic of my dynamis command station with the red wire that connects to the track:

For your question about 100-240V, check to see if it looks like mine below.  If it reads that the input is AC 100-240V then you should be able to plug it in to your wall socket in France (the only thing is that you might need a little adapter for the two round prongs instead of the two flat prongs for U.S.).  Here's a pic of my transformer that came with my dynamis set:

Hope this helps.

eric256fr

Thank you for the photo that is the same transformer so ok for France 
For the red wire side panel side rail ok but it takes a special rail or I cut the cable and welded the son I

ED209

I plugged the red wire to the track.  Bachmann has a curved and straight terminal rerailer that has plugs on both sides that you can insert the red wire.  Here's a pic of my Bachmann 10" terminal rerailer (part#44820) with the red wire plugged in.

I'm not sure about soldering or welding to the track.  I think the terminal rerailer or under-track terminal would work best.

Regards,
ED-209

eric256fr

Hello
thank you for all the precision
I have ordered a right curve and 44820 44802
I also bought an adapter plug U.S. / EU
Awaiting delivery
I'll let you know
 see you soon :D :D :D

eric256fr

Hello
I received the rails, I programmed with issues regarding this locomotives, I had problems with infrared sometimes does not work and nothing
ISSUER on the green and yellow LEDs flash continuously and the receiver
If I turn off all sometimes there is the green lights on the receiver and I have no signal
Nothing works

eric256fr

hello
The problem came from the IR receiver
the problem was solved
but
I am looking for couplers for locomotives N spectrum. See the photo
I can not find in France
Where can I find it?
cordially