News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 sawmill

Started by ebtbob, January 29, 2013, 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I just checked out the photo albums and unless I missed them,  I could not find any pix of the On30 sawmil that was kitbashed using the O scale Plasticville covered bridge.   Is there anyway I can get pix of that structure including the interior?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtbob

Further info:  I believe this sawmill was used on one of the Bachmann traveling layouts.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

TimR

The Bach-man Builds A Layout.

Follow this link:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/gallery/album13/acr

I saw it in person at the recent show in Fort Worth. Very nicely done!

ebtbob

Tim,

Thankyou VERY much for the link.   If gave me exactly what I was looking for.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Artfull Dodger

I really think Bachmann should offer that saw mill as part of thier Plastic Ville line, then follow it up with more buildings that cater to the On30 guys.  Just the logging theme alone could keep them busy for awhile.  Offer items like Keystone used to do but in plastic.  Saw Mill, interior kit for the mill, company store, company houses, then you have the mining theme and on and on.  Bachmann could really revitalize thier Plasticville line by shifting some of it toward the On30 narrow gauge crowd.  I would order one of the saw mills today if offered either in kit or built up form.  With schooling and life's demands, most every other saw mill in O scale is to large or to complex/expensive for me.  Bachmann's custom job from thier covered bridge is perfect for the small 1 to 2 locomotive logging operation!!!!   Buildings have to be cheaper to tool up than new locomotives, how about it Bachmann?  Lets see some buildings!     Cheers  Mike
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

TimR

If this were Facebook, we would all "LIKE" Mike's post. Totally agree. We need logging buildings in Plasticville O Scale!  ;D

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

Well,  the possibility of Bachmann doing the sawmill as a kit might not be far fetched.   Everytime I hope for something,  and not being patient enough to wait,  I go ahead and scratch or kitbash something and shortly after,  a manufacturer offers up the building,  etc.    Since I have the Plasticville covered bridges,  I will soon be starting on the shed.   Now all I have to find is the interior tools,  saws,  conveyors etc.   Any hints where to look?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

TimR

Not really, but I'm sure many of us would appreciate a step-by-step pictorial on your progress.  :)

mabloodhound

Probably the best sawmill machinery available is from Sierra West.  http://www.sierrawestscalemodels.com/oscale/wp/wp.shtml

Brett Gallant is the owner and very active modeler.   Contact him for any questions and you'll get a speedy reply.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

ebtbob

Tim,   I will do my best to post pictures,  and Dave,  thanks for the Sierra link.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Good Afternoon All,

I just looked at the Sierra link,  and after seeing some of the prices,  the sawmill may have to be put on ice for a while.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress