Comments on the new GP-30's

Started by raider409, January 31, 2013, 01:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raider409

I haven't heard or read any comments on the New GP-30's, as far as sales, likes or dislikes, or is everyone waiting to see if WBB comes out with new roadnames in the 2013 catalog.  I for one was disappointed on only the four roadnames that they first offered.

Steve

phillyreading

I have read on the OGR forum that these are "phase two" GP-30 models.
They look good, but I am waiting for one in Reading Lines roadname.

Lee F.

wmwalker

I checked them out last Saturday at my LHS. Do not know anything about Phase 2 but the ACL that I looked at was really nice and the detail to me was very nice. I would like to hear the sound but, It was still in the box sealed so I wasn't able to hear it. I have really moved over to Williams engines in the last 8 months and have enjoyed them very much. :)
Thanks
Wyatt

Matt

I posted an inquiry onto another site, after finding no reviews or comments here.
here is the link...

http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/displayForumTopic/content/13256332721187484

Matt

phillyreading

To find out if your railroad had a GP-30 and what phase it was, go to Wikipedia.com and type in EMD, the maker of the GP & SD series engines, then go to who purchased the engines.

I am not that up on what phase or how many bolts something has but it must look good.

Lee F.

r0gruth

According to "Diesel Locomotives:The First 50 Years by Louis A. Marre,Kalmback,1995 there were several variations but phases are not mentioned.The variations available were:high or low nose short hoods,with and without dynamic brakes,reused Alco B trucks on some and cabless type B units,some with steam generators [on UP only].
Roger

M1FredQ

I like the deal for 199 free shipping.

I am a nut for ACL but the UP looks great too.

Help me decide!!!!