News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum GS4?

Started by Trains Again, February 11, 2007, 12:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trains Again

I heard a rumor a long time ago that Bachmann Spectrum was making a GS4?

Virginian

I don't know if there is any truth to your rumor.  Bachmann just recently upgraded the "standard" line that includes the GS-4 Daylight, and BLI/PCM is releasing a higher dollar (and presumably higher detail and improved driveline) this coming summer.  The current Bachmann standard line is WORLDS above what they used to offer in steam engines.  Don't know that there is much incentive to change anything.
Bachmann GS-4s have been around for a long time in one guise or another, and I believe Rivarossi used to make one too, and it is what would have to be called a limited interest engine.  Very similar situation to the N&W "J" class; they were both very popular restored engines that toured a lot of the country in the hayday of fan trip days.  I am not sure everyone who has one version or another would be willing to spend the bucks to upgrade.  Being a 1950's era N&W/'J' freak, of course I got a BLI one, and a Spectrum one, and a Plus one, and an "old standard" one, and a brass one, but not everyone did because you can get a BLI one now for under $200, with sound.
"What could have happened... did."

Nigel

Quote from: Virginian on February 11, 2007, 09:23:00 AM
Bachmann GS-4s have been around for a long time in one guise or another, and I believe Rivarossi used to make one too, .......

Rivarossi never offered a SP GS4.

The Bachmann GS4 traces its routes to the GS4 Kader Industries (Bachmann's parent) made ofr Lionel.  When Lionel got out of HO that time, many of the Lionel branded models became Bachmann branded models, including the GS4 and GP30.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

Paul M.

Here's the link for pics of Bachmann's new GS4:

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Trains Again

Yah, I have the new Bachmann GS4. Its very nice. I was just curious about the other. Thank you for telling me.

the Bach-man

Dear Trains,
None has been announced at this time. The upgraded Standard Line loco makes it less likely to be an imminent release.
Have fun!
the Bach-man