News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann UNION PACIFIC GE DASH 8-40C

Started by union pacific 844, February 09, 2013, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

union pacific 844

i did find that page but all but GE Dash 8-40CW are n scale  and ho scale the GE Dash 8-40CW is not the same as my ho scale
GE Dash 8-40C

union pacific 844

that has a different cab then mine do need a photo of it?

Doneldon

bobwrgt

Don't think they have made them for a number of years in ""C"" model. They have made the "CW"" wide cab. The CW wide cab was updated to DCC/ or Dcc ready but i don't think the C model ever was.
Atlas makes both the C and CW.
You can still find the older models sometimes on Ebay.

Bob

union pacific 844

when i do send my new GE DASH 8-40C in for repaired and if  they replace it would be with a GE DASH 8-40CW?

sd24b

Quote from: union pacific 844 on February 10, 2013, 12:52:54 PM
when i do send my new GE DASH 8-40C in for repaired and if  they replace it would be with a GE DASH 8-40CW?
you need to talk to bachmann concerning that.

jbrock27

Hey Matt

Here is what Bachmann sent to me when I inquired about sending them a lousy sounding Bachmann Plus GP35 to "repair":

Hi,
This is an older model did you try a little oil to see if this helps.
If this does not work  you can send in for us to look at but if this needs parts it may
be too old and we would not have any for most older models.
If we cannot repair we will replace for a service fee with something as close as we could
get to your model.
As for the Plasticville you can email the parts department at parts@bachmanntrains.com and
they will tell you what you need to do.
Regards Laura

To return your loco ( tender) in for repair send to Bachmann Inds. 1400 E. Erie Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19124. If your loco is under 1yr. please send a copy of your receipt. if
you do not have your receipt, if it is older than a year, or misused or abused, please
send the following service fee:
$15.00 all standard non DCC locos with the exception of large scale
$25.00 standard DCC and Spectrum N and HO
$30.00 Williams, ON30 and Standard Large Scale
$50.00 Spectrum Large Scale
Please include complete address and phone number. Parts and accessories are only covered
for 90 days. Additional cost may apply.
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

It looks if they don't have an exact model of the one you send in and can't repair it, they'll replace with as close a one to it's likeness that they have available.  It is an excellent idea to ask them about this beforehand.

Hope this helps  :)

-jb
Keep Calm and Carry On

union pacific 844

ok very time i do
send the engines for repair they just replace them