News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

on30 forney

Started by macbla, February 10, 2013, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macbla

I have a new on30 forney that runs smoothly. However, when I stop it and restart it (to change directions or just to continue on) it often won't budge. The light often comes on, which to me means it's getting electricity. A slight budge and it starts up. At times, the light won't come on when I reapply power, but again a slight budge and it restarts. I know it's not the track as I have a second forney that doesn't have this problem. Any ideas?

railtwister

First, make sure that there is no momentum programmed into the decoder. If there isn't, then it sounds like the motor's armature may have have a bad segment. If that's the case, it should be returned for replacement before the warranty expires. 

Bill in FtL

macbla

RRPETE

There could also be a problem with alignment of the running gear. The yoke that connects the cylinders is a little flimsy and prone to cracking, which can leave the cylinder(s) misaligned. Check to see that both cylinders have the same alignment. If not, try some way to clamp the misaligned one while gluing it in place. I have done this with success on one of my Forneys. Also check for bent or misaligned connecting rods, etc.