Discontinued Models (2013)

Started by Shawn, February 11, 2013, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

76049-Gordon's composite coach
76048-Gordon's brake coach
77027-flat car with paint drums
77045-salt wagon

Too bad these are being kicked out.   Has anyone noticed price increases on the ENTIRE range?  What do peeps think of that?

Chaz

I am okay with the flat car with paint drums being discontinued, as long as the flat car comes back with a new load such as logs.

Gordon's express coaches being discontinued though?  Well I hope there are plans for new express coaches in the future to make more accurate ones, otherwise I can't see why Bachmann discontinued them in the first place.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

PasqualeCS96

That's odd, it seems strange that Gordon's coaches are discontinued. Maybe T.T. 4 will be salt wagon with a face... ::)

JLK2707

At least Gordon will be kept on! They cannot have the complete range of Thomas engines without him! :)

Zorran202

Aww dang it!!! I didn't even get those trucks yet!! I better get them while I can!

JD417

This is stupid, the range is supposed to be expanding every year, and all their doing is making the range the same size by discontinuing things... Soon we'll be asking Bachmann, "Why are there all these engines, but almost nothing for them to shunt, or pull?" :'(

TrainFan97

Quote from: JD417 on February 13, 2013, 07:14:24 AM
This is stupid, the range is supposed to be expanding every year, and all their doing is making the range the same size by discontinuing things... Soon we'll be asking Bachmann, "Why are there all these engines, but almost nothing for them to shunt, or pull?" :'(

I agree! Discontinuing great things is starting to get ridiculous. I don't have a single coach in my collection!
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Bucksco

Items are discontinued when they stop selling. They can always be brought back into the line at a later date.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Yardmaster on February 13, 2013, 03:21:46 PM
Items are discontinued when they stop selling. They can always be brought back into the line at a later date.

I guess I don't feel bad.  :)
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Calebtrain

What requirements must there be for them to be brought back? Please answer. :/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Zorran202

Bucksco

Enough time for demand to rebuild for the particular item. Everything is based on sales. If it doesn't sell there is no reason to produce it.

seanrail

Dear Yardmaster

Here is how I would re-release the express coaches:

76050 Sodor Express Composite Coach
76051 Sodor Express Dining Coach
76052 Sodor Express Brake Coach

all Price at $40 (£25.79 or 29.98 Euros) and in dark mint green and cream livery with a dark yellow stripe separating the two colours

thomasj219

A problem with the express coaches was the price, probably a reason they didn't sell well. Coach tooling is expensive I know but if you want even a three coach express that'll cost you over 120. That's a bit much.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.