News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Discontinued Models (2013)

Started by Shawn, February 11, 2013, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theriddell888

Darn. I really needed those coaches. And the salt wagon. Oh well I can still get the salt wagon in saltys dockside delivory.

seanrail

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 14, 2013, 12:36:47 PM
A problem with the express coaches was the price, probably a reason they didn't sell well. Coach tooling is expensive I know but if you want even a three coach express that'll cost you over 120. That's a bit much.
But bear in mind, in the shops, the prices will vary and are lower.

JLK2707

I agree. If something does not sell, then there is no point in having it.

Anthony P2

While I have had the Red Express coaches for a while, last year I bought a 1st, 3rd, and brake coach on sale from Hattons, in the Crimson and Cream livery. Two weeks ago I purchased 2 more carriages, also on sale from Hattons. The Maunsell coaches will act as my express while the red Bachmann coaches act as my stopping passenger service. My original idea for getting the coaches was to repaint them in Green and Cream livery, but now I'm not sure whether to repaint them because they are all ready really nice strait out of the box. In my opinion, both sets of coaches look nice behind any engine, but the munsell coaches look really nice behind Gordon, Henry, James, and Edward. The Bachmann coaches look best behind Donald and Douglas.

PasqualeCS96

I wonder which coaches will look best behind Duck..  ::)

PasqualeCS96

Did anyone else notice that the well wagon was too discontinued?  :-\

Cirkit:)

I imagine the Red Express Coaches would have looked best behind Duck. Maybe those blood and cream coaches mentioned on the last page would do the job too?

Shame the Express Coaches are gone(for now, I hope they return or are retooled soon). Wonder what will fill their place?

Zorran202

Besides Spencer's Special Coach, which is the only sort of big coaches in the range at the moment.

JD417

well now the only bigger coach we have is Spencer's, and that sucks because we don't even have his brake coach...

I had to make one, which is a little ridiculous, because I could've easily just gotten the Hornby ones instead..

Zorran202

Well, then again, if ya think about it, Spencer would only need one coach because it's enough for just the Duke and Duchess of Boxford. It's not like they needed two or three (pretty much overkill for only two people)... So in a way, I could see why they don't have a brake coach.

JD417

but before Spencer "claimed" these coaches for his own, Gordon, and James were seen pulling them, especially around Kirk Ronan (the station with "Gordon's View") and a brake coach is a must in all passenger train excursions anyway. and also, the ERTL models of these coaches stated that they loved being pulled by Gordon  :-\

UPTODAY

Wholesale trains still shows the salt wagon,well wagon,and tar tanker in stock!!!!Go to their website and check out their prices.
Hope this helps,
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Shawn

Thanks UPTODAY,  but after all the stock runs out at retailers, that's it.  It's slightly sad.

Cirkit:)

While I can see Spencer's special coach being pulled around by others, it is a shame to loose the Express Coaches.

I see Bachmann UK has some lovely Blood-and-Cream coaches that could work in the Express Coaches's place, but not everyone can get their hands on them so easily. Hmm.

I hope the Express Coaches make a return back to the range someday. We shall miss them dearly.

JLK2707

The Tar Tanker Wagon may come back into HO Scale one day, if enough people want it and if it sells like hotcakes! :)