2-8-0 Consolidation Replacement

Started by hudson488, February 14, 2013, 03:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hudson488

I recently purchased an older HO-scale Bachmann 2-8-0 Consolidation from a dealer at a Regional train show. It ran perfectly for 3 months or so, but now it's axle gear is slipping and the connecting rods become jammed and misaligned. I have tried to solve the problem by glueing and other means but I can not seem to get it to work properly. Now my question is; since I purchased the locomotive from a private dealer and have no warrentry card towards the locomotive, will Bachmann Still replace the locomotive if sent in? I do not know the age of the locomotive.
         Thanks

WoundedBear

If it was new, in a sealed box, then you should have the warranty card.

If you find it, then get a copy of the receipt that you got from the dealer and contact Bachmann service.

If you dont't have both of those items.....there is no full warranty.....period.

However..........

The limited lifetime part of the warranty says that for a nominal fee.....around 25 bucks and shipping....Bachmann will service it as if it was under full warranty.

Gather whatever documents you have and contact Bachmann service at 215-533-1600.

Sid

hudson488

It is a used locomotive, no box nor papers. But thank you for replying

WoundedBear

Used?

Then the nominal fee + shipping I mentioned is applicable. Contact Bachmann service.

Sid