what roundhouse will work with Bachmann's EZ track Turntable?

Started by gardendepot, February 17, 2013, 11:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardendepot

what brand of roundhouse will work with the bachmann's EZ track turntable straight from the box? Is bachmann going to make a roundhouse for the turntable? I know you have one for the thomas the tank sets but I need one for regular HO scale trains... Please let me know.. thanks

rogertra

Sadly for you, probably none.

The Bachmann TT is a rather toy like model and has the run off tracks spaced too far apart to fit into a realistic roundhouse.

MPSOUTHERN

I also have a Bachmann TT. I'm thinking of getting some brick patterned styrene sheets and scratchbuilding my own roundhouse.

yardmaster54

I also have a Bachmann TT.  I am trying to find out if the roundhouse that comes in the Bachmann 45236 kit.( which is for Thomas the Train, HO ) will fit the Bachmann TT. ???

Thanks,

Mike

Yardmaster 54

Jerrys HO

YM54- yes the tidmouth shed will work on the HO turntable. The only difference in the two are that HO version is motorized and the Thomas version is manual.

Garden & MP - This is my version of a Heljan round house I modified for the Bachmann turntable. It is actually going thru surgery right now for expansion. ;D

Jerry

yardmaster54

Thanks for the info Jerry. Just in time to make a bid. LOL

Thanks,
       Mike

Yardmaster 54

yardmaster54

Yardmaster 54

MPSOUTHERN

Great idea Jerry. That may be a better way for me to go. Nice job.

richd286

I looked at a number of roundhouse configurations.  I wanted the DCC feature in the turntable and have been pleased with the Bachmann performance.  I agree that some other brands have a more prototypical pit and some a larger diameter.  I noticed that turntable has notches and then looked at the Tidmouth Sheds turntable...almost identical.  After inspecting the roundhouse structure I was OK that there was sufficient detail that some paint, soot and scenery could transform it... What I really liked was it all fit together without major kit-bashing of the Roundhouse.  Crowded by the 4 story Railway Express building, and the coaling tower it will blend n nicely.  anyone want the manual turntable?  Enjoy   

railtwister

Just curious, what's the length of the rails on the Bachmann turntable, are they any bigger than the Atlas one, which is 9"?

Bill in FtL

Jerrys HO

richd286

The Bachmann TT bridge is 10" long about 70 scale feet.  The largest loco I can turn is the Bachmann 2-8-0.  

railtwister

Thanks! That makes it a wee bit longer than the Atlas, but not significantly so. Rather than buying another turntable, too bad the DCC power unit can't be added to the Bachmann TT. Without good support from Bachmann with parts, I'll stick with my old Atlas one. They have been able to supply me with all the parts I needed to keep my old turntable working.

Bill in FtL

gardendepot

I think Bachmann needs to release the thomas the tank roundhouse building as a kit in different colors for people to purchase for the powered turntable, because it sound like there is no roundhouse that will work with it unless you make your own or kitbash another brands kit, I don't want to do that! So Bachmann please think about this as a new item and you already have the roundhouse made it just needs to be released not as a thomas the tank engines roundhouse and in different colors, mabe red or brown brick with black or dark blue doors..