News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Soundtraxx Bachmann 2-8-0

Started by wamcm, August 18, 2007, 12:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wamcm

Hi Guys,

I just got a Soundtraxx Bachmann Consolidation from Tony's.  It is great.  Question:  I cannot tell if the installed Tsunami is a "full Tsunami" or a modified version like in my HO 2-8-0s.  Does anyone Know?

Thanks,

Bill

Hunt

Ask someone at Tony's, they are the one most likely to know what they sold you.

If decoder is Bachmann factory installed, the decoder is not what I believe you are referring to as a "full Tsunami."

cochoochoo

If the outside box is blue and says Soundtraxx then you have the version that Soundtraxx did for themselves.  They installed the full version of the Tsumani.  In the box should be a CD with the documentation and a short quick start sheet.

wamcm

Yes, I have the Soundtraxx version.  So I guess the answer is a full Tsunami, which is what I figured.  This is a good deal since the Soundtraxx version is only about $60 more than a non-sound version.  Thanks for the replies.

Bill

Hunt

Bill,
Actually you have something different than maybe you are thinking about.

The following is from SoundTraxx
QuoteStarting with a quality Bachmann® model, we've designed and installed a special Tsunamiâ,,¢ Digital Sound Decoder.
…

These sound systems are limited edition and only available pre-installed by SoundTraxx!

ebtbob

Bill,

Hunt is correct,  you do have something different.   The full Tsunami has more whistle selections for one thing.   What you do have though is the Tusnami technology which goes beyond the sounds available and speaks to the engine control,  especially at slower speeds.   Also,  the Tsunami technology will be more forgiving over dirty track,  not loosing sound as quickly or engine control.
        If you look at the box your engine came in,  and if it is done the same as my son's HO scale K4,  you should find the wording Tsunami technology,  and that is the clue to the fact that the engine does NOT have a full blown Tsunami.   
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

wamcm

Hi Giys,

Actually, the Soundtraxx box (which slips over the Bachmann box) says "Tsunami Equipped".  I know that the sound equipped Bachmann locos say"Tsunami technology".

Another clue is that the Soundtraxx distributed locos appear to have Fireman Fred while the Bachmann sound equipped locos do not.

It doesn't really matter as the sound is great either way.  I was just curious.

Thanks,

Bill