"Trains with a bit of whimsy" or a rivit counters nightmare

Started by GG1onFordsDTandI, March 03, 2013, 04:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG1onFordsDTandI

I just found a site that made me have to shut my jaw with my hand it was so wide open. I was browsing you tube and ended up searching "steampunk trains". Why? A steampunk site provided me with some key info on the K5 Mercury Locos. Anyhow after watching the floating Lego layout, I came across "model train conversion to steampunk" thought it was pretty cool too. Then "miniature steampunk train" way cool. Followed suite with a "futuropolis train" google and found "the home of rivit counting nightmares". Imagination run amok. If you cant find a kitbash or detail idea here give up. There are realistic trains also but with titles "like one short train",... well check it out. (Lots of how to instructions also) http://4largescale.com/chris/c63.htm Hover on the menu in the upper left corner for much, much, more.

Pops

Wow - some of the best "people" work I have ever seen.
I really think his imagination is amazing.
Thanks so much for that great find !!!

:o

Burlington Route

That's cool...reminds me of the "troll killer" armored car I made eons ago...one of the guys in the modular group liked his trolls{remember those ugly things with the big hair} and had them run around on his trains...so I had to made mine...used a 1/35 scale WW1 german tank over some cheap lgb knock-off rolling chassis{leland or something} and viola....was also called the payroll car{but we didn't get paid}.
I really like his gillian grace, the lionel 0-2-4 and the cabforward engine...I could see my 2-6-6-2 done up like that!

M1FredQ

All I can say is there are a lot of creative and innovative people in this hobby and it's a lot of fun.

Thanks GG1

GG1onFordsDTandI

:o :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XD5mAunzjk :o :o
Thats redical-lical-lical-luos (Grape Ape, Grape Ape)

Quote from: Burlington Route on March 15, 2013, 08:53:44 PM
That's cool...reminds me of the "troll killer" armored car I made eons ago.
Its not pointed at me is it? (a troll is anyone living under(south of) the Mackinaw bridge :D)

Jerrys HO

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Jerrys HO on March 17, 2013, 11:46:18 AM
GG
NO WAY.. HOW? WHY! WHERE?
Jerry
Way!... My best guess is wheels are neodymium magnets..... Why not someone had to.......Manco Novelty Trains.
If you watched this you know about as much as me. Stumbled across a video once, "undershelf layout" that video is gone now, but this other came up. Almost downright disturbing eh? Mad scientist meets magnetraction! The "undershelf" was an auto reversing straight leg, on a wood shelf about 8'-12' with an inverted black NW2(?) switcher. A couple little neo's in hardrives, and some dvd/cd players. The end of poor reed switch action eh? Now try this out for size http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybOHPLVzeMU
(Im gonna wait for a reply or two before spoilers of some info)

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Burlington Route

The front loop has a pair of rmt engines on it...I've got some of those...alos looks like a rotisiery motor on the far left side of that 1st loop...I might be wrong. Very interesting!!!

Burlington Route

Quote from: GG1onFordsDTandI on March 17, 2013, 04:11:27 AM
:o :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XD5mAunzjk :o :o
Thats redical-lical-lical-luos (Grape Ape, Grape Ape)

Quote from: Burlington Route on March 15, 2013, 08:53:44 PM
That's cool...reminds me of the "troll killer" armored car I made eons ago.
Its not pointed at me is it? (a troll is anyone living under(south of) the Mackinaw bridge :D)

...unless your a troll, your ok!
BTW- that median line better be aimed over indiana and not illinois,,,it's bad enough being called an fib from the wisc folks...... ;D

GG1onFordsDTandI

...unless your a troll, your ok!
BTW- that median line better be aimed over indiana and not illinois,,,it's bad enough being called an fib from the wisc folks...... ;D
[/quote]
OK, I'll bite, what is a FIB?
(PS-I think they draw the the troll line from Gary to Toledo. Many consider the U.P. of Mich a seperate state, and they often seek to to become one. I dont disagree with them. Too many "citified" ideas have caused them pain.)